RN CLINICAL INFORMATICS IT - LEVEL I
Works with clinical patient care staff and IT analysts to configure, design, develop, and maintain a computerized Evidence Based health care system. Integrates nursing science, computer science, and information science by utilizing knowledge about the nursing process and nursing practice, relevant regulatory mandates, and principles of quality/safety improvement.Responsibilities
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential Functions)
JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of hardware and software applications.
- Participate in development, implementation and testing of application software, specifically those associated or that interact with the EPIC EMR.
- Participate in development, implementation and testing of application software, specifically the EPIC modules.
- Must be highly motivated and exhibit the interpersonal skills necessary to achieve results through coordinating efforts with others in a collaborative manner. Team player and "can-do" attitude.
- Ability to mentor and teach others.
- Must be able to deal with stressful situations effectively.
- Demonstrates courteous, kind, caring, and compassionate behavior and projects a positive attitude to support the organization.
- Investigate user problems and needs, identify their source, and determine possible solutions and documents resolutions for future reference. This includes working on multiple-disciplinary teams to develop solutions.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates Nursing Required
- Bachelor’s Nursing Preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- 2 years Healthcare/Medical, PACU, and/or ICU Required
- 2 years Systems User Representative, Trainer and/or Analyst Preferred
- 1-2 years EPIC system Preferred
- EPIC proficiency in one or more of the following is required within 6 months of hiring date.
- ASAP/Emergency Dept
- OP-Time/Surgery Dept
- Clinical Documentation
- Physician Trainer - Proficiency
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
Meets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations Code.
Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family, organizational and other medical information. Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing ethical business practices for healthcare providers.
DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.