Homecare Intake Nurse
- New York State RN License, BSN Preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of professional nursing experience, with at least two years in a hospital setting
- One year of experience in the home care arena preferred; ability to display aptitude to assess care thoroughly and independently.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of primary nursing and home care
- Experience with the geriatric population is strongly preferred
- Strong assessment and clinical skills
- Technologically savvy, particularly with Microsoft Office suite and other electronic medical record systems
- Capable of interacting with clients in a friendly and congenial manner and a strong desire to engage with the elderly population
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong computer skills
- Willing to be field-based and travel around the 5 boros and Nassau County
- Proven ability to autonomously prioritize and reprioritize to supporting incoming clients
- Complete comprehensive in-person Intake Assessments, which includes gathering medical history, ongoing medical concerns, psycho-social dynamics, and client preferences in order to provide optimal home care staff for short term recovery circumstances
- Assess the clients home health needs, safety and care instructions, legal documents and discuss any of the client family’s questions or concerns
- Complete clinical documentation and Intake Summary report within established time frames
- Create care plan in conjunction with patient and family to assist in achieving optimal resolution of needs
- Establish and maintain professional working relationship with health care providers and other members of the disciplinary teams in providing patient and family care
- Work as part of a team with Scheduling Coordinator to provide quality customer service and care to upwards to twenty patients at a time
- Complete approximately three to five client visits per day, which includes new patient intakes, follow-up medical visits and caregiver supervisory visits This position is full-time Monday through Friday, 9a-5p
Alliance Homecare is a private, concierge home healthcare company offering an extensive range of services, including Private Duty Nursing, Home Health Aides, and Professional Care Management. Alliance Homecare was established to assist older adults and their families attain a quality of life in the face of acute or chronic challenges associated with aging. The mission is to provide consistent and superior care and support, so that older adults can remain at home and in the community throughout the entire aging continuum.
Alliance Homecare is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or protected veteran status or marital status.