RN Med/Surg Oncology FT Nights
Requisition Number: 2005036128
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a member of the Patient Care Services Team. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the satisfactory completion of nursing care by the nursing team. The RN manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members including ancillary and support services. The role of the Registered Nurse at the DMC encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration, teaching and supervision. The RN establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians and other health care providers to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care. The RN delegates, assesses, provides and evaluates patient care. The RN assesses, monitors and evaluates patient status by observing the patient, noting data collected by other team members and analyzing this information to independently develop a plan of nursing care which is implemented by the care delivery team under the supervision of the RN. The RN provides and delegates patient care activities to team members based upon patient needs and team member skills/abilities and supervises the delivery of care by other team members. The RN evaluates patient response to treatment and nursing interventions and if needed, revises the plan of care. The RN monitors patient progress and prepares patient for discharge, utilizing established clinical pathways. The RN reports directly to senior unit management, participates in shared decision-making activities and establishes relationships with professionals in other healthcare and community organizations to develop strong partnerships that support improved patient outcomes and the health of the community served.
- Supervises, including assignment and evaluation of subordinate team members, and provides patient care on a daily basis.
- Participates in the employment process related to peers and subordinate team members; addresses employee problems, complaints, disputes or requests as the first level of supervision; evaluates their performance post hire; and is authorized to issue work improvement plans to subordinates.
- Adheres to the mission, vision, values and code of Business Conduct as established by the DMC and its associate facilities.
- Complies with approved policies, procedures, guidelines and standards as established by the DMC and its associated facilities.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and a commitment to customer service values of respect, courtesy, ownership, privacy, professionalism and responsiveness.
- Completes mandatory education and training as defined by the DMC and the specific employer-facility.
- Maintains a safe working environment through compliance with established policies and procedures and timely reporting of safety variances.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving the work environment through participation in meetings, timely and effective communication and an embracement of cultural diversity.
- Utilizes various strategies to assess patient, family, employee and environment of care strengths and weaknesses to determine appropriate action plan(s)
- Develops a detailed plan of care, which includes patient / family education, based on initial and on-going assessment findings to optimize patient outcomes. 3. Communicates with patients, families, subordinate staff and peers to ensure that plans and associated interventions are understood, operationalized and revised, as appropriate.
- Assigns, delegates, and supervises other employees and intervenes as appropriate to ensure that the plan of care is carried out and that established outcomes are achieved through availability and appropriate utilization of human, material and financial resources.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of plans and interventions to promote optimum achievement of established goals.
- Collaborates formally and informally with other members of the healthcare team, including facility and DMC representatives, to identify opportunities for improvement and develop strategies for enhancing clinical practice.
- Establishes relationships with professionals in other healthcare and community organizations to develop strong partnerships that support improved patient outcomes and the health of the community served.
- Provides supervision, including guidance, counseling, teaching and mentoring, to targeted peers and subordinates to enhance learning experiences and improve the professional practice environment within the designated work setting.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan
Community / Marketing Title: RN Med/Surg Oncology FT Nights
A Bright and Promising Future
Between 2012 and 2016, DMC invested $77 million in Sinai-Grace over three phases of construction, making it the largest construction project in Northwest Detroit in over 10 years. Phase I of the project was completed in 2014 and resulted in a new 59,000 square foot Emergency Department and Trauma Center that tripled the size of the former ER and features all-private patient rooms. Phase II was completed in February 2015 and produced two new technologically-advanced, family-centered Intensive Care Units. Phase III resulted in a modern and bright new entrance, expansive 18,000 square foot lobby, new roomy registration suite, and expanded radiology area which all opened in June 2015. Phase III was completed in January 2016 with the opening of the new and expanded laboratory.
Since this major construction project completed in early 2016, Sinai-Grace has continued to invest in the hospital's facility with renovated patient care units, cath lab and advanced surgical technology.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Detroit, Michigan US
Job Number: 22205