Mobile Director of Nursing Services
- Contract Type
HCR ManorCare provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, assisted living, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care, hospice care, home health care and rehabilitation therapy.
The Mobile Director of Nursing consults and manages the nursing department on an interim basis with HCR Manor Care nursing centers to maintain quality standards of care and advises medical staff, department heads, and Administrator in matters related to nursing service.
- Directs the nursing staff in its entirety; May exercise direction over the entire staff in absence of the Administrator.
- Structures role and shift expectations for each position in the nursing department.
- Exercises authority in hiring, counseling, and/or terminating employees within the nursing department; Monitors attendance and timeliness of personnel. - Completes performance reviews for all direct staff with the center administrator.
- Takes positive action to ensure equal opportunity in the conduct of all business activities without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, marital status, national origin, handicap or veteran status.
- Conducts departmental nursing meetings with the center administrator.
- Serves as chairperson or member on various committees while serving as the Interim D.O.N.
In return for your expertise, you’ll enjoy excellent training, industry-leading benefits and unlimited opportunities to learn and grow. Be a part of the team leading the nation in healthcare.000 - Pennsylvania, any location, Any, PA
- Three to five years in nursing management
- Five to seven years nursing experience with at least five years in skilled nursing, long-term care
- Previous DON experience in a skilled nursing facility required.
- Lifting 10 lb. frequently and occasionally lifting 50 lb. max.
- Travel 90-95% of time throughout the state of PA
EducationLevel : Currently licensed as RN in this state; Associates or Bachelors degree in nursing required; Specific training in gerontological nursing preferred.