Charge Nurse Post Anesthesia Care Unit
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
$10,000 Sign on Bonus available for Qualified Applicants!Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, seeks a full time Charge Nurse (RN) to join our PACU Team. This role will work full time evening shifts.
The Charge Nurse facilitates department flow and enhances communication with all members of the healthcare team. The focus is on increasing patient satisfaction by enhancing throughput, hourly rounds, utilizing tactics in the ICARE model and holding subordinates accountable to the same standard. This role will resolve problems on a shift-to-shift basis with appropriate documentation and follow-up while communicating all unusual situations and problems up the chain of communication. Must demonstrate an advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care.Our goal is to provide exceptional post-anesthesia care to both inpatients and outpatients. Our team also supports each other; we are one big, hardworking PACU family! Our goal is to provide exceptional post-anesthesia care to both inpatients and outpatients. We are always looking for nurses who are willing to make a commitment to being a part of our dynamic team. Our PACU is both inpatient and outpatient and also handles ICU and Trauma patients - so it can be a high acuity unit. Mixed shifts and call is required including nights. There is a 30 minute call window.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center (FWBMC) is a 267-bed full-service hospital with over 200 of the most highly respected and qualified physicians in the area. It is recognized as a Top General Hospital for excellence in quality care and patient safety. It is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Accredited Advanced Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and a Cancer Care Center that is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and an Associate of the UAB Birmingham Health System Cancer Community Network. Its expanded emergency services include a dedicated Pediatric ER, 24/7 Destin ER, and a full-service 24/7 Fort Walton Beach ER that includes the only Level II Trauma Center in the Tri-County area.
You are worth more than a paycheck. As a team member, enjoy the following benefits and more:
- 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan repayment program
- Paid family leave
And much more!
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
- Current FL RN license required or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- BLS required at the time of hire
- ACLS and PALS within 90 days of hire required
- TCAR Trauma Care After Resuscitation -required within 6 months
- CPAN Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse or ASPAN preferred
- CAPA preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician’s orders
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.