Inpatient Services Director - 10,000 Sign-On
3 days left
- Full Time
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care is seeking a Inpatient Services Director to join our team of professionals. We make a difference every day to patients and families coping with end of life illness in creating a center of excellence in hospice care. ($10,000 Sign-On Bonus)
Coordinate all aspects of patient and family care. Serve as team leader, providing direction and supervision for the interdisciplinary team members.
- Supervise all direct patient/family care team members, including nurses, social workers, hospice aides and counselors.
- Ensure that all patient/family services comply with federal, state(s) and local regulatory requirements and with accepted professional standards.
- Participate in the selection and evaluation of all direct patient/family care team members.
- Participate in the orientation and ongoing education of staff and volunteers.
- Assure that all initial assessments and required reassessments are conducted by qualified team members within required time frames.
- Coordinate the development, implementation and review of the interdisciplinary plan of care for each patient/family.
- Assure the 24-hour availability of nursing and psychosocial services to patients/families and coordinates "on-call" assignments.
- Conduct the interdisciplinary team meetings, maintains appropriate documentation, or designates these functions to a qualified team member.
- Maintain the hospice medical records, including clinical notes and progress notes, for each service provided to each patient according to established standards and agency policy.
- Assure changes in the patient's/family condition are reported to the attending physician as well as to other hospice Team Members and contract employees involved in the patient's care.
- Communicate as needed with all members of the team, the patient/family, the Medical Director, the Director, Clinical Operations and others involved in the care of the patient to facilitate optimal care of patients/families.
- Manage the development of a discharge plan when a patient is discharged prior to death or transferred to another hospice.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of policies and procedures for patient/family services.
- Ensure all interdepartmental communication and exchange of data is accurate, timely and effective.
- Participate in quality improvement activities, including data collection and aggregation, plus projects assigned by the Director, Education & Quality.
- Participate on committees and special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned including those within the scope of current, valid professional licensure/credentials (i.e. RN, SW, Chaplain, MT, HA, etc.). Employees should reference the position specific job description for additional details on the essential functions of the clinical discipline.
- Registered Nurse license in state(s) practicing. Certified Hospice Nurse is preferred.
- Current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Minimum three years’ experience in hospice, home health, general medical surgical, oncology or patient population specific (i.e.: geriatrics, pediatric, etc.) nursing.
- Minimum one year of supervisory experience.
- Must have reliable automobile, valid driver's license, and the minimum state required liability automobile insurance.
- Demonstrated commitment to Seasons Hospice’s philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organizational culture.
Apply for Inpatient Services Director - 10,000 Sign-On
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly