Registered Nurse Emergency Room
DescriptionSHIFT: Weekends Only
Hourly Wage Estimate: $27.00 - $40.50 / hour
Learn more about the benefits offered for this job.
The estimate displayed represents the typical wage range of candidates hired. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range.
There is no better place to grow—professionally and personally—than Swedish Medical Center. One of south metro Denver's most respected healthcare institutions, we offer talented professionals like you the clinical variety and leading-edge technologies that will keep you challenged and learning. You will also enjoy the warm, community-care setting that makes care more personal...and your career infinitely more satisfying. Rediscover the reasons you chose healthcare as your career. They are waiting for you at Swedish.
At Swedish Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
Our nursing teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Emergency Department. We are currently looking for an ambitious Emergency Department Registered Nurse to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!Why Choose to be an Emergency Room Nurse at our Hospital:
- Your role will work closely connected to the EMS community which allows for more physician interactions with patients for ongoing learning experiences
- You will work alongside physicians and PA’s at our family table to improve learning experiences and improve patient care.
- Your role will assist in our EMS community is of high priority to ensure we have close loop communication providing real time feedback to improve skill and critical thinking
- You will communicate positively and professionally with all internal and external customers and demonstrate appropriate judgement and problem solving skills
- You will work alongside professional teammate that value patient experience as a way to improve care.
- Our team nursing approach to patient care encourages a positive care team atmosphere that places the patient at the center of care.
- You provide age appropriate care to his/her patients based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient
- Your role preforms delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery
- Our team has a passion for quality and Safety- you will be provided opportunity to improve skills and knowledge to unlock possibilities to further your career
Qualifications for being an Emergency Room Registered Nurse:
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing; BSN desirable.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the State of Colorado or current RN compact license from another state for the 1st 180 days of employment.
- Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS and TNCC required, ENPC & NRP certification preferred.
- 1 to 2 years acute care/specialty nursing desired.
Swedish Medical Center, part of HCA’s HealthONE, is located in the south metro Denver area where it has been a proud member of the community for more than 110 years. An acute care hospital with 408 licensed beds, annually Swedish cares for more than 200,000 patients with a team of approximately 2,000 dedicated employees, 300 volunteers and 1,400 physicians.
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region’s referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state’s first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Swedish also serves as the region’s neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the area’s only level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center. Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to Swedish.
Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.