RN MedSurg - Travel Nurse
We're looking for Medical Surgical RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Chicago, IL. The right RN should have 1-2 years recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As a MedSurg RN, you will conduct patient assessments and prioritize data collection based on patients' immediate conditions or needs. MedSurg RNs perform ongoing assessments and appropriate treatments as ordered by a physician. Documenting patient findings and providing education and support to patients' families is essential to this travel nurse position.
As a Medical Surgical Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Provide bedside care for a variety of patients, including pre- and post-op patients.
- Prepare, administer and record prescribed medication, reporting any adverse reactions to treatment.
- Change dressings, insert catheters and start IVs.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient.
- Educates patients on surgical procedures.
- Participates in discharge planning and initiates patient education plan as prescribed by physician.
Requirements: BLS, BSN, Active IL RN License, at least 2-3 years of experience. EPIC experience and MS RN experience required. It would also be preferred they have experiencing dealing with complex pulmonary patients and if they have had experience working with COVID patients that would also be preferred