Registered Nurse (RN) - Hospice Palliative Care RN - $24-38 per hour
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Hospice Palliative Care RN for a nursing job in Madison, Wisconsin.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Hospice Palliative Care RN
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
Sign On Bonus commitments: $5K bonus = 1 year commitment Lump sum payout upon hire $10K bonus = 2 year commitment. $5k paid upon hire; $5k after 12 months Relocation bonus commitment is 1 year for $5,000
- Ensures compliance with Condition of Participation (CoP) discharge planning.
- Identifies and escalates gaps/barriers related to inpatient and observation length of stay.
- Assesses patients at high risk for readmission. Identifies root cause for readmission. Develops plan and collaborates with multidisciplinary team regarding discharge planning to next level of care.
- Participates with other members of team regarding opportunities for improvement in standard work.
- May also be responsible for: utilization management process, ED case management process, admission process, and act as a case manager liaison with post acute providers (skilled nursing facilities, rehab, home health, etc.).
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Three years' acute care experience
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
SSM Health at Home caregivers bring exceptional healthcare services to your home! Whether your recovering from an injury or learning to manage a chronic illness or medical condition, our experienced caregivers will partner with your physician to develop plan to optimize your quality of life.
SSM Health at Home also offers hospice services to patients with terminal illnesses. We offer pain relief medication, spiritual and counseling services, home medical equipment and therapy service.
We are seeking a Hospice RN Case Manager who is flexible, autonomous and a self-starter with strong assessment, problem solving and computer skills. In this position you will travel to patient homes and facilities to provide end of life care. Our hospice team is dedicated to helping patients achieve the best quality of life possible, managing symptoms, pain, and anxiety, while providing emotional and spiritual support for our patients and families.
Hours of work: Monday-Friday, 8:00 - 4:30pm (Requires weekday on-call and weekend/holiday rotation)
This position requires travel to patient homes and meeting locations.
Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
Must maintain an acceptable driver’s record per company policy.
Must maintain proof of current auto insurance.Assesses, develops, plans, implements, and evaluates patients discharge planning needs to next level of care in collaboration with interdisciplinary team.About SSM Health
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. SSM Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. The organization’s nearly 40,000 employees and 11,000 providers are committed to providing exceptional health care services and revealing God’s healing presence to everyone they serve.
With care delivery sites in Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin, SSM Health includes 23 hospitals, more than 290 physician offices and other outpatient and virtual care services, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, a health insurance company and an accountable care organization. It is one of the largest employers in every community it serves.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Spending nearly one year developing a single Mission statement and values for the entire organization, SSM Health tasked 3,000 employees with framing it just right. Today that Mission statement is 13 words – short by design. Inspired by our founding religious sisters, our Mission defines the way we do things. Because those words come from employees, we embrace the mission as our own.
Inspired by our founding religious sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person. Therefore, we find these five values consistent with our heritage and ministry:
- Compassion: We reveal the healing presence of God through compassionate care focused on the fullness of the person.
- Respect: We respect life at all stages and promote the dignity and well-being of every person.
- Excellence: We provide exceptional care and service through employees and physicians dedicated to our Mission.
- Stewardship: We use financial, human and natural resources responsibly and care for the environment.
- Community: We cultivate relationships that inspire service and promote justice in our organization and throughout our communities, with special concern for the poor and marginalized.
SSM Health’s Quality Principles
- Patients and other customers are our first priority.
- Quality is achieved through people.
- All work is part of a process.
- Decision-making by facts.
- Quality requires continuous quality improvement.
Through our participation in the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, communities, especially those that are economically, physically and socially marginalized, will experience improved health in mind, body, spirit and environment within the financial limits of the system.
- Medical Plans
- Discounted Medical Premiums (if qualified)
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Bonus (if qualified)