RN CVICU - Travel Nurse
We're looking for Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Augusta, GA. The right RN should have 1-2 years' recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As a CVICU Travel Nurse, you will work with a diverse team of caregivers to administer care to patients following specialized procedures including open-heart surgery and heart transplants. Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit RNs should have experience and skill caring for patients in a fast-paced, urgent and critical care environment.
As a CVICU Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Provide critical care to patients with potentially life-threatening heart conditions.
- Prepare and administer prescribed medications.
- Take samples for diagnostic tests; order, interpret and evaluate diagnostic tests.
- Apply hemodynamic, phlebotomy and IV protocols.
- Be called in for emergencies to provide CPR and operate defibrillators hospital-wide.
- Educate patients and family members on how to manage recovery at home.
BLS, ACLS, 2 years exp. required. GA or compact Skills: Swan-Ganz/PA Catheter and A-line experience; Ventilated patients, Patients w multiple IV medication/drips: Epinephrine, Levophed, Vasopressin, Dobutamine, NTG, Milrinone, Neosynephrine, Insulin, Heparin - to name the most common ones used; CRRT and IABP preferred. Must have Critical Care experience - preferably CVICU; Experience with both post Open Heart System and Vascular, Experience with HFOV highly preferred; Impella experience preferred