Registered Nurse (RN) - Infusion - $24-38 per hour
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Infusion for a nursing job in Madison, Wisconsin.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Infusion
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
Sign On Bonus commitments: $5K bonus = 1 year commitment Lump sum payout upon hire $10K bonus = 2 year commitment. $5k paid upon hire; $5k after 12 months Relocation bonus commitment is 1 year for $5,000
- Provides the majority, if not all of the direct care for a specific caseload of patients, to include initiation and maintenance of all communications with appropriate care team members, to include pharmacists, physicians, dietitians, home patient representatives and any appropriate community resource staff members.
- Utilizes the drug delivery decision algorithm and communicates with the patient/care partner, pharmacist and physician to choose the best method of therapy administration.
- Evaluates and educations patient/care partner to safely administer the home infusion therapy and provides additional instruction as indicated.
- Applies appropriate ethical, legal, confidentiality and advocacy principles to the planning and delivery of patient care.
- Evaluates the home environment where the care is to be provided and identifies interventions that may by required to render the home environment safe and appropriate for the prescribed care. These interventions are communicated directly to the appropriate team member.
- Completes all documentation, including Initial Patient Assessment (IPA), Plans of Treatment (POT), teaching checklists, Clinical Monitoring Reports (CMR), Discharge Summaries and Telephone Communication Reports (TC) during each visit.
- Utilizes the appropriate document retrieval system on a daily basis.
- Develops, in conjunction with other clinical team members, each patient’s care map and evaluates patient’s response to therapy during each home visit or encounter.
- Appropriately discharges primary patients and completes discharge summary within seven days of discharge.
- Maintains home chart to include the referral form, the IPA, the most recent POT, any orders after the recent POT and the last five CMR’s.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- One year registered nurse infusion experience
Our cancer center is in need of a Registered Nurse (RN). The successful candidate will love working with oncology patients. We are looking for a highly professional RN who is comfortable reassuring patients and communicating with doctors as well as tending to the needs of their patients. We offer a positive, upbeat work environment where all medical personnel work together for the good of the patient. We hope you will consider joining our SSM family!Provides primary patient care for a specific caseload of patients, to include assessments, care planning, evaluation and education of patients receiving infusion therapy and/or other nursing services in accordance with the care matrices and best demonstrated practices in the home or alternate site setting.About SSM Health
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. SSM Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. The organization’s nearly 40,000 employees and 11,000 providers are committed to providing exceptional health care services and revealing God’s healing presence to everyone they serve.
With care delivery sites in Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin, SSM Health includes 23 hospitals, more than 290 physician offices and other outpatient and virtual care services, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, a health insurance company and an accountable care organization. It is one of the largest employers in every community it serves.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Spending nearly one year developing a single Mission statement and values for the entire organization, SSM Health tasked 3,000 employees with framing it just right. Today that Mission statement is 13 words – short by design. Inspired by our founding religious sisters, our Mission defines the way we do things. Because those words come from employees, we embrace the mission as our own.
Inspired by our founding religious sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person. Therefore, we find these five values consistent with our heritage and ministry:
- Compassion: We reveal the healing presence of God through compassionate care focused on the fullness of the person.
- Respect: We respect life at all stages and promote the dignity and well-being of every person.
- Excellence: We provide exceptional care and service through employees and physicians dedicated to our Mission.
- Stewardship: We use financial, human and natural resources responsibly and care for the environment.
- Community: We cultivate relationships that inspire service and promote justice in our organization and throughout our communities, with special concern for the poor and marginalized.
SSM Health’s Quality Principles
- Patients and other customers are our first priority.
- Quality is achieved through people.
- All work is part of a process.
- Decision-making by facts.
- Quality requires continuous quality improvement.
Through our participation in the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, communities, especially those that are economically, physically and socially marginalized, will experience improved health in mind, body, spirit and environment within the financial limits of the system.
- Medical Plans
- Discounted Medical Premiums (if qualified)
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Bonus (if qualified)