LPN Home Health Nurse - Bilingual
Family First Homecare is a locally owned home health nursing company specializing in providing long term solutions to individuals needing care in the privacy and comfort of their own home.
Previous home health experience not required! Ask about our Preceptor Program where you'll gain hand-on home health experience with the complex pediatric and adolescent population with ages ranging from 3 months to 21 years old. Receive training on trach and vent with our Critical Care Pediatrics Nurses in our onsite skills lab. Skill level required will vary depending on patient need but could include G-tube care, trach care, and vent care as well as ADL's, medical management, and other skills. Our goal is to provide the training that will foster the professional and personal development for our clinical staff.
- Provide comprehensive patient care in a home setting within the guidelines set by the (POC) Plan of Care.
- Administer medications, perform daily patient assessments, and conduct light housekeeping.
- Accountable for making decisions that are based on the individual’s nursing experience and educational preparation
- Ensures the completion of patient care documentation in a timely manner
- Attends and/or completes all mandatory training/ in-services as assigned
- Submits required personnel file documentation in a timely manner
- Occasionally assists with admission, transfer, re-certification, resumption of care and discharge paperwork as assigned
- Verbal fluency in Spanish and English
- Previous experience caring for patients with trach, ventilation, and/or G-tube
- Pediatric experience
- Comfortable with homecare
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing nursing care in accordance with Family. First Homecare (FFHC) policy, Nurse Practice Acts, and State/ Federal regulations.