Registered Nurse Seasonal Burn Trauma ICU
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
At Medical City Plano, we care like family.
Just as a family does, we pull together to care for, support, and celebrate with patients and each other. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place.
Burn Trauma ICU Registered Nurse – Seasonal PRN Status with a Full-time Schedule Day Shift 7A – 7P
Applying the standards set forth for nursing practice by the American Nurses Association (ANA), the Burn Trauma ICU RN will organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for burn and critical care patients.
• Plan, implement, revise and delegate nursing care
• Perform necessary technical skills as delineated through education, expertise, and unit requirements
• Incorporate teaching into all aspects of nursing practice
The Burn Trauma ICU Registered Nurse is an integral part of our 30-bed, Level 1 Trauma Burn & Reconstructive Center of Texas, part of the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute. We provide high-level comprehensive burn treatment, repair and reconstruction surgery, critical care and outpatient services to patients from Collin County as well as parts of Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Louisiana. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you, who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.SEASONAL STAFF PROGRAM [Runs through April 24, 2021]
Must have at least two (2) years acute care RN experience in the area of specialty – ICU/CCUPay Rate: $57/hour
A completion bonus of $4000 to be paid after the successful completion of 18 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one completion bonus will be paid per 36-week season.
• All Seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
• Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another facility that has an emergent staffing need.
• Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4-week period.
• Two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or Designee) are required during the course of the 16 week period.
• Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
• All seasonal RNs will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
• Current FT, PT and PRN Level 3 employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program for 2020-2021.
Medical City Plano is a full-service, Magnet-designated 600+ bed acute care hospital with more than 2,070 employees. As part of HCA Healthcare, we have the resources and clinical expertise necessary to provide exceptional care. Our services include a Level 1 Trauma Center, comprehensive cancer treatment, advanced surgery including robotic and minimally invasive, orthopedics, heart and vascular care, and complete women's and children's services, including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 NICU.
QualificationsWhat you need to be successful:• ADN required and BSN preferred• Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted• Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) for Healthcare Providers issued by either the American Heart Association or American Red Cross• Pediatric and Adult ICU/CCU experience preferred• PALS, TNCC, TCAR and ABLS preferred• Must have at least two (2) years acute care RN experience in the area of specialty - ICU/CCU
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.