Registered Nurse Patient Placement Coordinator
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you looking for a role to utilize your House Supervisor, Emergency, Trauma or Critical Care Nursing experience that goes beyond the bedside? Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
HCA Healthcare is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA Healthcare has been continually named one of Ethisphere’s most ethical company’s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
Your benefits as a fulltime employee include Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Medical and Childcare Flex Spending Accounts, Life and Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Family Medical Leave, Clinical Certification Support, Tuition Reimbursement, 401k with Corporate Matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program Employee Discount Program and Identity Theft Protection.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Our Transfer Center teams are committed to providing streamlined access to the right facility at the right time for every patient, every day, throughout the continuum of care. Join us in our efforts to better our community.
The HCA North Texas Transfer Center handles the patient movement and logistics for 22 HCA hospitals and free-standing emergency rooms across north Texas, our mission is to assist in the clinical placement and movement of critical patients both into and out of our facilities providing timely access to care for our patients when minutes matter the most. The transfer center is staffed 24/7 with seasoned clinical professionals who collaborate between physicians, hospitals, and other immediate health care settings to coordinate the timely movement of high acuity patients such as STEMI, stroke, trauma, neonatal care, and so forth. Our team is committed to the care and improvement of human life; impacting over 36,000 patients annually through support to hospital staff both for our HCA facilities and other facilities locally or in outlying markets. At the HCA Transfer Center, we also assist in arranging transportation services when needed through connection with ground and air services. Our goal is to provide comprehensive solutions that allow health care providers the ability to stay at the bedside with the patient while we assist in locating placement, transport, and other needed logistics for getting this patient the access to care that they need.
As a member of our team, you will:
What Sets Us Apart…?
"I enjoy the welcoming and fast paced environment, and constant learning! There is never a dull shift and it’s truly a great team to work with!"
"Working at the Transfer Center is AMAZING! After being a nurse for over a decade, this is the best place I have ever worked. Management is fantastic. I leave on time every day, and I still get to use my critical thinking skills in a Nursing capacity. We are like a little family here, everyone works together to get things done. It’s wonderful!"
- Must be proficient in EMTALA.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including diplomatic and friendly telephone manner and use of professional vocabulary
- Ability to self-manage by taking responsibility to initiate, assess and take action
- Ability to function calmly in stressful situations
- Knowledge of Division hospital services lines and clinical capabilities
- Basic typing skills, 35 Word Per Minute
- Knowledge of Computer Software; Meditech, Tele-Tracking, Central Logic, Bed Management, Microsoft Office, Internet searches and relevant Data Bases
- Problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action, which will be satisfactory to the patient, the physicians, and the hospital.
- Ability to analyze information of a complex nature.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex tasks.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to follow through on issues.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to work effectively with other employees and external parties.
- Positive, enthusiastic, helpful personality
- Customer service oriented
Education and Requirements:
Graduate from an accredited ADN or Diploma nursing program Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas. Compact License is accepted; however, must obtain RN License in the State of Texas within the first 90 days. Minimum 5 years acute care RN experience
- BSN or Bachelor’s degree in nursing 2 years of Critical Care nursing to include ED, ICU and/or House Supervisor experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.