Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiac Cath Lab - $24-38 per hour
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Cath Lab for a nursing job in Jefferson City, Missouri.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Cardiac Cath Lab
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
Sign On Bonus commitments: $5K bonus = 1 year commitment Lump sum payout upon hire $10K bonus = 2 year commitment. $5k paid upon hire; $5k after 12 months Relocation bonus commitment is 1 year for $5,000
- Performs on the Cath Lab procedure team as circulator, scrub, or monitor.
- Performs in holding by ensuring patient is correctly prepped for the procedure. Ensures needed information, such as history and physical (H&P), is timely.
- Utilizes critical judgment to analyze patient assessment and administers medications on all patients, including the critically ill patient and reports abnormal information to the physician in a timely manner.
- Performs hemostasis safely and properly with or without vascular devices.
- Routinely enters patient orders and charges. Checks charges to ensure accuracy.
- Provides care of the critically ill patient with the ability to function independently in a stressful situation.
- Routinely educates patients and families based on assessed needs, documents education provided, and keeps them informed of tests and treatments. Provides clear patient instruction on what to expect during the perioperative procedure.
- Assists families to the cardiology area or cath lab area by escorting when necessary.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- No experience required
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. SSM Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. The organization’s nearly 40,000 employees and 11,000 providers are committed to providing exceptional health care services and revealing God’s healing presence to everyone they serve.
With care delivery sites in Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin, SSM Health includes 23 hospitals, more than 290 physician offices and other outpatient and virtual care services, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, a health insurance company and an accountable care organization. It is one of the largest employers in every community it serves.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Spending nearly one year developing a single Mission statement and values for the entire organization, SSM Health tasked 3,000 employees with framing it just right. Today that Mission statement is 13 words – short by design. Inspired by our founding religious sisters, our Mission defines the way we do things. Because those words come from employees, we embrace the mission as our own.
Inspired by our founding religious sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person. Therefore, we find these five values consistent with our heritage and ministry:
- Compassion: We reveal the healing presence of God through compassionate care focused on the fullness of the person.
- Respect: We respect life at all stages and promote the dignity and well-being of every person.
- Excellence: We provide exceptional care and service through employees and physicians dedicated to our Mission.
- Stewardship: We use financial, human and natural resources responsibly and care for the environment.
- Community: We cultivate relationships that inspire service and promote justice in our organization and throughout our communities, with special concern for the poor and marginalized.
SSM Health’s Quality Principles
- Patients and other customers are our first priority.
- Quality is achieved through people.
- All work is part of a process.
- Decision-making by facts.
- Quality requires continuous quality improvement.
Through our participation in the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, communities, especially those that are economically, physically and socially marginalized, will experience improved health in mind, body, spirit and environment within the financial limits of the system.
- Medical Plans
- Discounted Medical Premiums (if qualified)
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Bonus (if qualified)