Registered Nurse (RN) - Progressive Care Unit - $24-38 per hour
SSM Health is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Progressive Care Unit for a nursing job in Jefferson City, Missouri.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Progressive Care Unit
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
Sign On Bonus commitments: $5K bonus = 1 year commitment Lump sum payout upon hire $10K bonus = 2 year commitment. $5k paid upon hire; $5k after 12 months Relocation bonus commitment is 1 year for $5,000
- Obtains comprehensive data pertinent to the patient from the patient, family other healthcare providers to develop a holistic picture of the patient’s needs or condition.
- Analyzes and synthesizes data from the assessment in determining diagnosis or conditions relevant to care.
- Identifies optimal outcomes for the patient in collaboration with the patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain outcomes, using clinical judgement in collaboration with patient, family and interprofessional care team.
- Implements the plan, employing strategies to promote and maintain a safe environment, coordinates implementation with patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Evaluates processes and progress toward attainment of goals and outcomes.
- Contributes to the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice, evaluates their own practice, and maintains current knowledge and competence.
- Communicates effectively in all areas of practice, collaborates with patient, family and interprofessional team.
- Uses clinical inquiry and integrates best evidence into practice.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to critical care nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- No experience required
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God. SSM Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system. The organization’s nearly 40,000 employees and 11,000 providers are committed to providing exceptional health care services and revealing God’s healing presence to everyone they serve.
With care delivery sites in Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin, SSM Health includes 23 hospitals, more than 290 physician offices and other outpatient and virtual care services, 10 post-acute facilities, comprehensive home care and hospice services, a pharmacy benefit company, a health insurance company and an accountable care organization. It is one of the largest employers in every community it serves.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Spending nearly one year developing a single Mission statement and values for the entire organization, SSM Health tasked 3,000 employees with framing it just right. Today that Mission statement is 13 words – short by design. Inspired by our founding religious sisters, our Mission defines the way we do things. Because those words come from employees, we embrace the mission as our own.
Inspired by our founding religious sisters, we value the sacredness and dignity of each person. Therefore, we find these five values consistent with our heritage and ministry:
- Compassion: We reveal the healing presence of God through compassionate care focused on the fullness of the person.
- Respect: We respect life at all stages and promote the dignity and well-being of every person.
- Excellence: We provide exceptional care and service through employees and physicians dedicated to our Mission.
- Stewardship: We use financial, human and natural resources responsibly and care for the environment.
- Community: We cultivate relationships that inspire service and promote justice in our organization and throughout our communities, with special concern for the poor and marginalized.
SSM Health’s Quality Principles
- Patients and other customers are our first priority.
- Quality is achieved through people.
- All work is part of a process.
- Decision-making by facts.
- Quality requires continuous quality improvement.
Through our participation in the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, communities, especially those that are economically, physically and socially marginalized, will experience improved health in mind, body, spirit and environment within the financial limits of the system.
- Medical Plans
- Discounted Medical Premiums (if qualified)
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Bonus (if qualified)