Goal and Learning Outcomes
The goal of this continuing education course is to provide nurses with information about the role of hormones in women’s health across the life span. To better understand the role of hormones, normal menstrual function and disturbances of menstrual function will be discussed.
After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
- Explain evolutionary and cultural perspectives of menstruation
- Describe the menstrual cycle at the ovarian and endometrial level
- Discuss the etiology and treatment of disturbances of menstrual function
- Discuss hormonal methods of contraception and the efficacy of these methods
- Discuss the risks and benefits of various methods of contraception
- Discuss methods and efficacy of emergency contraception
- Identify changes that occur in perimenopause
- Understand the basic physiology of menopause
- Describe the role of hormones in management of menopause symptoms
- Describe the role of hormones in osteoporosis
- Discuss the role of hormones in cardiovascular disease and the implications of several recent studies
In support of improving patient care, OnCourse Learning is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. OnCourse Learning guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
For Florida professionals:
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker as required per Florida Statute 456.025(7). Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, OnCourse Learning will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid FL license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.