Goal and Learning Outcomes
This course has been approved for 18 hours by the Commission on Case Manager Certification for 2017.
The goal of this program is to inform nurses about a diverse range of health issues of special concern for women so that they may be better prepared to care for this patient population. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
- Discuss three conditions that may warrant psychiatric interventions
- Identify three chronic conditions found in women and possible therapeutic interventions
- Discuss two perinatal conditions, including the risk factors, signs and symptoms, and treatment options
- Discuss the diagnosis and treatment options for women with breast cancer.
- Identify three conditions discussed in this anthology that you may encounter in your practice and their nursing implications
- Describe two preventive measures women can take to improve their long-term health
Course Termination/ Update Date : 12/31/2017
Course Originally Released on : 10/03/2016
In support of improving patient care, OnCourse Learning is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. OnCourse Learning guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
For Florida professionals:
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker as required per Florida Statute 456.025(7). Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, OnCourse Learning will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid FL license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.