Goal and Learning Outcomes
The goal of this program is to provide all Florida nurse licensees, and those who are interested in being licensed in Florida, with a basic overview of the Florida Nurse Practice Act and its rules. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
- List the rights and responsibilities of the Florida Board of Nursing
- Compare the practice of registered nursing with that of licensed practical nursing
- Compare the practice of registered nursing with that of advanced practice nursing
- Outline at least three practice requirements of Florida nurse licensees
- Describe continuing education requirements for Florida nurse licensees
- List and discuss at least six grounds for discipline of any Florida nurse licensee
- Explain the role of the Florida Intervention Project for Nurses
In support of improving patient care, OnCourse Learning is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. OnCourse Learning guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
For Florida professionals:
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker as required per Florida Statute 456.025(7). Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, OnCourse Learning will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid FL license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.