Goal and Learning Outcomes
The goal of this continuing education module is to provide Texas nurse licensees, and those who are interested in being licensed in Texas, with an introduction to the Texas Nursing Practice Act and Rules. In addition, ethical principles affecting nurses in Texas will be included. After you study the information presented here, you will be able to:
- List the composition of the Texas Board of Nursing (BON)
- Discuss the Nurse Licensure Compact and its effect on licensure in Texas and other states
- Compare and contrast the practice of registered nursing in Texas with that of licensed vocational nursing in Texas
- Compare and contrast the BON’s right in disciplinary proceedings with those of the nurse licensee
- Explain at least six grounds for discipline of nurses by the Texas BON
- List the types of nursing peer review
- Discuss at least six principles of nursing ethics and how they are incorporated into nursing practice in Texas
In support of improving patient care, OnCourse Learning is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. OnCourse Learning guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
For Florida professionals:
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker as required per Florida Statute 456.025(7). Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, OnCourse Learning will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid FL license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.