Goal and Learning Outcomes
This course has been approved for 6 hours by the Commission on Case Manager Certification for 2015, 2016, and 2017.
The purpose of this program is to inform nurses about how to prevent and manage osteoporosis. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
- Explain the economic impact and personal consequences of osteoporosis
- Describe the pathogenesis of bone loss and identify methods to diagnose osteoporosis
- Compare and contrast unchangeable and modifiable risk factors for osteoporosis
- Describe universal recommendations for osteoporosis prevention and management
- Describe the role of pharmacologic agents in osteoporosis therapy
- Identify people at highest risk for falls and describe fall prevention strategies that nurses can teach
- Explain principles of rehabilitation to reduce disability for people with osteoporosis
- Describe significant nursing roles in osteoporosis prevention and management
Please note: The Orthopaedic Nurses Certification Board has designated this educational activity to receive 6.0 contact hours in Category A and 0 contact hours in Category B toward recertification.
In support of improving patient care, OnCourse Learning is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. OnCourse Learning guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
For Florida professionals:
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker as required per Florida Statute 456.025(7). Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, OnCourse Learning will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid FL license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.