Goal and Learning Outcomes
After taking this course, you should be able to:
• Explain core concepts related to sexuality, sexual health, and sexual function.
• Identify at least five risk factors for poor pregnancy outcomes.
• Describe the differences between postpartum blues, anxiety symptoms, depressive symptoms, and psychosis
• List a woman’s risk factors for stroke across her lifespan.
• Describe how genetics, biology, and hormones may contribute to increased risk for lung cancer in women.
• Recognize barriers to uncovering abuse
• Discuss the various risk factors that cause women to develop IHD
• Define obesity, explain how to measure it, and list its potential health complications
• Describe the types of, risk factors for, and extent of human trafficking in the United States.
• Describe the benefits of physical activity/exercise.
• List the risk factors for ovarian cancer
• Explain why women are at greater risk of STDs than men and why health problems caused by STDs are more severe for women.
• Discuss how interprofessional collaboration enhances patient care in the hospital setting.
• Recognize the physiology of menopause and its effects on body systems.
• Identify how following early detection guidelines increases survivorship.
• Identify treatment modalities for breast cancer.
• Identify the occurrence of and three risk factors for endometrial cancer.
• Identify at least three risk factors for cervical cancer.
• Explain how nipple stimulation from breastfeeding plays a role in ovulation suppression
• Describe cultural influences on women’s health beliefs and practices
This course package covers multiple women's health topics, including:
- Addressing Sexuality, Intimacy, and Sexual Health | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Importance of Nutritional Status in Pregnancy Outcomes | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Beyond the Baby Blues: Postpartum Depression | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Using Evidence to Reduce the Risk of Stroke in Women | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Women Face Special Lung Cancer Risks | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Uncovering Abuse in the Pregnant Woman | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Diet and Prevention of Ischemic Heart Disease in Women | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Regulation of Body Weight | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Human Trafficking: Identification and Assessment of Victims Essential | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Exercise for Health and Fitness | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Epithelial Ovarian Cancer—Awareness is Key | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Women Face More Risks | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Managing Cholesterol: Assessment and Treatment | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Inevitable Menopause | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Navigating the Breast Cancer Journey, Part 1 | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Navigating the Breast Cancer Journey, Part 2 | 1.0 Contact Hour
- When the Diagnosis is Endometrial Cancer | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Cervical Cancer Screening and Prevention | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Contraceptive Counseling for Breastfeeding Patients | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Cultural Competence for Today's Healthcare Professionals, Part 1: Culture and Women's Health | 1.0 Contact Hour
In support of improving patient care, Relias LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. Relias LLC guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker. Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, Relias LLC will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.