Goal and Learning Outcomes
- List the licensure requirements for an Ohio nurse.
- Describe why new diseases emerge or reemerge in the United States and the benefits of adhering to standards of infection control.
- Examine sources and types of medication errors.
- Describe interventions that could prevent violence.
- Explain the connection of nurse caring with patient outcomes.
- List the appropriate nursing actions when delirium is suspected.
- Describe the intent of HIPAA.
- Describe what nurses and institutions can do to foster effective collegial nurse-physician relationships.
- Explain the importance of theory to the nursing profession.
- List the items of best practice associated with effective communication, cultural competence, and patient- and family-centered care across the continuum of care.
- Identify populations at greatest risk for prescription drug abuse.
- Define the core competencies required for successful interprofessional collaborative practice.
- Identify suicide risk factors that indicate a patient is at increased risk for self-harm.
- Describe different types of ADEs.
- Provide the legal definition of nursing negligence.
- Explain how autoimmune disorders complicate pregnancy.
- List three reasons why patients seek complementary healthcare treatment.
- Describe teamwork and partnerships among diverse patients, families, and staff members.
*Please print and submit this course summary along with your course completion certificate*
Course Summary: Ohio RN/LPN License Renewal CE Package: 24 Hours - Fulfills State Requirements
Course Title Course Hours
The Ohio Nurse Practice Act 1
Infection Control for Healthcare Professionals 3
Preventing Medication Errors 2
Preventing Violence in the Healthcare Setting 1
Caring: The Essence of Nursing 1
Clearing Up the Confusion About Delirium 1
Awareness Enhances Care for Muslim Patients 1
HIPAA and Confidentiality: Practice May Change, But Principles Endure 1
Emerging Infectious Diseases: A Growing Threat in the U.S. 1
Nursing Ethics, Part 3: Ethics in Nursing 1.5
Nursing Theory: At the Heart of Practice 1
Effective Communication With Patients 1
Prescription Drug Abuse: Knowing the Danger Signs 1
Working with an Interprofessional Team 1
Preventing Suicide in Medical Settings 1
Adverse Drug Events 1
Document It Right: Would Your Charting Stand Up to Scrutiny? 1
Building Collegial Nurse-Physician Relationships 1
Chronic Medical Conditions and Pregnancy 1.7
A Complementary and Integrative Practices Potpourri 1
Total Hours 24.2
In support of improving patient care, Relias LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. Relias LLC guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker. Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, Relias LLC will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.