Show more +
This package includes two modules. The first, Ohio RN/LPN License Renewal CE Package, includes numerous general topics related to nursing that result in 24 continuing education hours after completion. The second course, Staying Up to Date on the Ohio Nurse Practice Act, satisfies the Ohio special topic requirement for all RNs and LPNs.
Click show more to review the course objectives for each course.
Ohio Nursing CEU License Renewal Package
- Contact Hours: 23
Staying Up to Date on the Ohio Nurse Practice Act
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- List the general provisions of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act.
- List the rights and responsibilities of the Ohio Board of Nursing.
- Contrast the practice of registered nursing with that of licensed practical nursing.
- Contrast the practice of registered nursing with that of advanced practice nursing.
- Identify the rights and responsibilities provided to nurse licensees under the Ohio Nurse Practice Act.
- Identify special provisions of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act.
- Contact Hours: 1
Goal and Learning Outcomes
- List the licensure requirements for an Ohio nurse.
- Describe why new diseases emerge or reemerge in the United States and the benefits of adhering to standards of infection control.
- Examine sources and types of medication errors.
- Describe interventions that could prevent violence.
- Explain the connection of nurse caring with patient outcomes.
- List the appropriate nursing actions when delirium is suspected.
- Describe the intent of HIPAA.
- Describe what nurses and institutions can do to foster effective collegial nurse-physician relationships.
- Explain the importance of theory to the nursing profession.
- List the items of best practice associated with effective communication, cultural competence, and patient- and family-centered care across the continuum of care.
- Identify populations at greatest risk for prescription drug abuse.
- Define the core competencies required for successful interprofessional collaborative practice.
- Identify suicide risk factors that indicate a patient is at increased risk for self-harm.
- Describe different types of ADEs.
- Provide the legal definition of nursing negligence.
- Explain how autoimmune disorders complicate pregnancy.
- List three reasons why patients seek complementary healthcare treatment.
- Describe teamwork and partnerships among diverse patients, families, and staff members.
*Please print and submit this course summary along with your course completion certificate*
Course Summary: Ohio RN/LPN License Renewal CE Package: 24 Hours - Fulfills State Requirements
Course Title Course Hours
The Ohio Nurse Practice Act 1
Infection Control for Healthcare Professionals 3
Preventing Medication Errors 2
Preventing Violence in the Healthcare Setting 1
Caring: The Essence of Nursing 1
Clearing Up the Confusion About Delirium 1
Awareness Enhances Care for Muslim Patients 1
HIPAA and Confidentiality: Practice May Change, But Principles Endure 1
Emerging Infectious Diseases: A Growing Threat in the U.S. 1
Nursing Ethics, Part 3: Ethics in Nursing 1.5
Nursing Theory: At the Heart of Practice 1
Effective Communication With Patients 1
Prescription Drug Abuse: Knowing the Danger Signs 1
Working with an Interprofessional Team 1
Preventing Suicide in Medical Settings 1
Adverse Drug Events 1
Document It Right: Would Your Charting Stand Up to Scrutiny? 1
Building Collegial Nurse-Physician Relationships 1
Chronic Medical Conditions and Pregnancy 1.7
A Complementary and Integrative Practices Potpourri 1
Total Hours 24.2
In support of improving patient care, Relias LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP#13791
Relias LLC reports to CEBroker for the following boards (Provider # 50-1489): Arkansas State Board Of Nursing, District Of Columbia Board Of Nursing, Florida Board Of Nursing, Georgia Board Of Nursing, New Mexico Board Of Nursing, South Carolina Board Of Nursing and West Virginia Board Of Examiners For Registered Professional Nurses
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.
None of the planners/faculty, unless otherwise noted, for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.