Goal and Learning Outcomes
- Describe why new diseases emerge or reemerge in the United States and the benefits of adhering to standards of infection control.
- Examine sources and types of medication errors.
- Describe interventions that could prevent violence.
- Explain the connection of nurse caring with patient outcomes.
- List the appropriate nursing actions when delirium is suspected.
- Describe the intent of HIPAA.
- Describe what nurses and institutions can do to foster effective collegial nurse-physician relationships.
- Explain the importance of theory to the nursing profession.
- List the items of best practice associated with effective communication, cultural competence, and patient- and family-centered care across the continuum of care.
- Identify populations at greatest risk for prescription drug abuse.
- Define the core competencies required for successful interprofessional collaborative practice.
- Identify suicide risk factors that indicate a patient is at increased risk for self-harm.
- Describe different types of ADEs.
- Provide the legal definition of nursing negligence.
- Explain how autoimmune disorders complicate pregnancy.
- List three reasons why patients seek complementary healthcare treatment.
- State two ways alternative therapies can be used to calm patients.
- Describe teamwork and partnerships among diverse patients, families, and staff members.
- Describe the nursing care of mechanically ventilated patients.
- Explain transactional and transformational leadership styles.
- Explain core concepts related to sexuality, sexual health, and sexual function.
- List three risk factors for the development of alcoholism.
- List modifiable and nonmodifiable risk factors of stroke.
*Please print and submit this course summary along with your course completion certificate*
Course Summary: North Carolina RN/LPN License Renewal CE Package: 30 Hours - Fulfills State Requirements
Course Title Course Hours
Infection Control for Healthcare Professionals 3
Preventing Medication Errors 2
Preventing Violence in the Healthcare Setting 1
Caring: The Essence of Nursing 1
Clearing Up the Confusion About Delirium 1
Awareness Enhances Care for Muslim Patients 1
HIPAA and Confidentiality: Practice May Change, But Principles Endure 1
Emerging Infectious Diseases: A Growing Threat in the U.S. 1
Nursing Ethics, Part 3: Ethics in Nursing 1.5
Nursing Theory: At the Heart of Practice 1
Effective Communication With Patients 1
Prescription Drug Abuse: Knowing the Danger Signs 1
Working with an Interprofessional Team 1
Preventing Suicide in Medical Settings 1
Adverse Drug Events 1
Document It Right: Would Your Charting Stand Up to Scrutiny? 1
Building Collegial Nurse-Physician Relationships 1
Chronic Medical Conditions and Pregnancy 1.7
A Complementary and Integrative Practices Potpourri 1
Calming the Cognitively Impaired 1
Bridging the Generation Gaps 1
Mechanical Ventilation and Weaning 1
Transformational Leadership: A Growing Promise for Nursing 1
Addressing Sexuality, Intimacy, and Sexual Health 1
Identifying Alcoholism in the Hospitalized Patient 1 The Two Sides of Stroke 1
Total Hours 30.2
In support of improving patient care, Relias LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. Relias LLC guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.