Goal and Learning Outcomes
- Define the preventative-protective continuum of care used by New York’s CPS and what to do if there is more than one mandated reporter with “reasonable cause to suspect” abuse.
- Describe how emotional abuse can affect children and their developmental growth.
- List the physical and behavioral indicators of sexual abuse.
- Define what constitutes abuse, maltreatment, and neglect, and identify the corresponding physical and behavioral indicators.
- Describe what constitutes “reasonable cause to suspect” abuse and identify situations when healthcare professionals must report suspected cases.
- Describe the circumstances that require the use of personal protective equipment and identify these specific barriers.
- List specific occupational health strategies in preventing HIV, hepatitis B virus, and TB in healthcare providers and identify resources for evaluation of healthcare workers infected with these conditions.
- Define engineering controls and work practice controls and identify a hierarchy of exposure prevention strategies.
- Identify a professional’s responsibility for maintaining a safe patient care environment and recognize nonspecific disease findings that prompt evaluation by healthcare providers.
- Describe the signs and symptoms of sepsis, and relate the importance of rapid identification management.
*Please print and submit this course summary along with your course completion certificate*
Course Summary: New York RN/LPN License Renewal CE Package: 5 Hours - Fulfills State Requirements
Course Title Course Hours
NY Mandated Infection Control for Healthcare Professionals 3
Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and Maltreatment in New York 2
Total Hours 5
In support of improving patient care, Relias LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. Relias LLC guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker. Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, Relias LLC will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.