Goal and Learning Outcomes
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe why new diseases emerge or reemerge in the United States and the benefits of adhering to standards of infection control.
- Examine sources and types of medication errors.
- Describe interventions that could prevent violence.
- Explain the connection of nurse caring with patient outcomes.
- List the appropriate nursing actions when delirium is suspected.
- Describe the intent of HIPPA
- Describe what nurses and institutions can do to foster effective collegial nurse-physician relationships.
- Explain the importance of theory to the nursing profession.
- List the items of best practice associated with effective communication, cultural competence, and patient- and family-centered care across the continuum of care.
- Identify populations at greatest risk for prescription drug abuse.
- Define the core competencies required for successful interprofessional collaborative practice.
- Identify suicide risk factors that indicate a patient is at increased risk for self-harm.
- Recognize different types of ADEs.
- Provide the legal definition of nursing negligence.
- Define key terminology related to sexuality, sexual orientation, and gender.
- List three reasons why patients seek complementary healthcare treatment.
- State two ways alternative therapies can be used to calm patients.
- Describe teamwork and partnerships among diverse patients, families, and staff members.
- Discuss the nursing care of mechanically ventilated patients.
- Compare and contrast transactional and transformational leadership styles.
- Explain core concepts related to sexuality, sexual health, and sexual function.
- List three risk factors for the development of alcoholism.
- List modifiable and nonmodifiable risk factors of stroke.
This multidisciplinary nursing CEU package covers multiple general nursing topics, including:
- Infection Control for Healthcare Professionals | 3.0 Contact Hours
- Preventing Medication Errors | 2.0 Contact Hours
- Preventing Violence in the Healthcare Setting | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Caring: The Essence of Nursing | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Clearing Up the Confusion About Delirium | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Awareness Enhances Care for Muslim Patients | 1.0 Contact Hour
- HIPAA and Confidentiality: Practice May Change, But Principles Endure | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Emerging Infectious Diseases: A Growing Threat in the U.S. | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Nursing Ethics, Part 3: Ethics in Nursing | 1.5 Contact Hours
- Nursing Theory: At the Heart of Practice | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Effective Communication With Patients | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Prescription Drug Abuse: Knowing the Danger Signs | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Working with an Interprofessional Team | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Preventing Suicide in Medical Settings | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Adverse Drug Events | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Document It Right: Would Your Charting Stand Up to Scrutiny? | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Building Collegial Nurse-Physician Relationships | 1.0 Contact Hour
- The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) Community, Part 1 | 1.5 Contact Hours
- A Complementary and Integrative Practices Potpourri | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Calming the Cognitively Impaired | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Bridging the Generation Gaps | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Mechanical Ventilation and Weaning | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Transformational Leadership: A Growing Promise for Nursing | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Addressing Sexuality, Intimacy, and Sexual Health | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Identifying Alcoholism in the Hospitalized Patient | 1.0 Contact Hour
- The Two Sides of Stroke | 1.0 Contact Hour
In support of improving patient care, Relias LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP#13791
Relias LLC reports to CEBroker for the following boards (Provider # 50-1489): Arkansas State Board Of Nursing, District Of Columbia Board Of Nursing, Florida Board Of Nursing, Georgia Board Of Nursing, New Mexico Board Of Nursing, South Carolina Board Of Nursing and West Virginia Board Of Examiners For Registered Professional Nurses
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.
None of the planners/faculty, unless otherwise noted, for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.