Goal and Learning Outcomes
- Describe the benefits of adhering to standards of infection control.
- Define engineering controls and work practice controls and identify a hierarchy of exposure prevention strategies.
- List specific occupational health strategies in preventing HIV, hepatitis B virus, and TB in healthcare providers and identify resources for evaluation of healthcare workers infected with these conditions.
- Recognize the role of occupational health strategies in protecting healthcare providers and patients and recognize the importance of the correct application of reprocessing methods.
- Identify a professional’s responsibility for maintaining a safe patient care environment and recognize nonspecific disease findings that prompt evaluation by healthcare providers.
- Examine sources and types of medication errors.
- List the advantages of root cause analysis.
- Define sentinel event, root cause analysis, failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis.
- Explain the interdisciplinary nature of medication errors.
- Describe the impact of medication errors on healthcare professionals.
*Please print and submit this course summary along with your course completion certificate*
Course Summary: Louisiana RN/LPN License Renewal CE Package: 5 Hours - Fulfills State Requirements
Course Title Course Hours
Infection Control for Healthcare Professionals 3
Preventing Medication Errors 2
Total Hours 5
In support of improving patient care, Relias LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. Relias LLC guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker. Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, Relias LLC will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.