Goal and Learning Outcomes
- Describe why new diseases emerge or reemerge in the United States and the benefits of adhering to standards of infection control
- Examine sources and types of medication errors.
- Describe interventions that could prevent violence.
- Explain the connection of nurse caring with patient outcomes.
- List the appropriate nursing actions when delirium is suspected.
- Describe the intent of HIPPA
- Describe what nurses and institutions can do to foster effective collegial nurse-physician relationships.
- Explain the importance of theory to the nursing profession.
- List the items of best practice associated with effective communication, cultural competence, and patient- and family-centered care across the continuum of care.
- Identify populations at greatest risk for prescription drug abuse.
- Define the core competencies required for successful interprofessional collaborative practice.
- Identify suicide risk factors that indicate a patient is at increased risk for self-harm.
- Recognize different types of ADEs.
- Provide the legal definition of nursing negligence.
- Define key terminology related to sexuality, sexual orientation, and gender.
- List three reasons why patients seek complementary healthcare treatment.
- State two ways alternative therapies can be used to calm patients.
- Describe teamwork and partnerships among diverse patients, families, and staff members.
- Discuss the nursing care of mechanically ventilated patients.
- Compare and contrast transactional and transformational leadership styles.
- Explain core concepts related to sexuality, sexual health, and sexual function.
- List three risk factors for the development of alcoholism.
- List modifiable and nonmodifiable risk factors of stroke.
- List two differences between pediatric and adult burn patients.
- List the preprocedural, procedural, and post procedural nursing care of patients who receive moderate sedation/analgesia.
- State two types of support a clinician can provide to families of children with special healthcare needs.
- List three common complications associated with long-term feeding tubes.
- Explain the role of advanced directives in bloodless care.
- State three ways you may use humor to help patients.
Please print and submit this course summary along with your course completion certificate
Course Summary: Iowa Nursing CEU License Renewal Package: 36 Hours
Course Title Course Hours
Infection Control for Healthcare Professionals 3
Preventing Medication Errors 2
Preventing Violence in the Healthcare Setting 1
Caring: The Essence of Nursing 1
Clearing Up the Confusion About Delirium 1
Awareness Enhances Care for Muslim Patients 1
HIPAA and Confidentiality: Practice May Change, But Principles Endure 1
Emerging Infectious Diseases: A Growing Threat in the U.S. 1
Nursing Ethics, Part 3: Ethics in Nursing 1.5
Nursing Theory: At the Heart of Practice 1
Effective Communication With Patients 1
Prescription Drug Abuse: Knowing the Danger Signs 1
Working with an Interprofessional Team 1
Preventing Suicide in Medical Settings 1
Adverse Drug Events 1
Document It Right: Would Your Charting Stand Up to Scrutiny? 1
Building Collegial Nurse-Physician Relationships 1
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) Community, Part 1 1.5
A Complementary and Integrative Practices Potpourri 1
Calming the Cognitively Impaired 1
Bridging the Generation Gaps 1
Mechanical Ventilation and Weaning 1
Transformational Leadership: A Growing Promise for Nursing 1
Addressing Sexuality, Intimacy, and Sexual Health 1
Identifying Alcoholism in the Hospitalized Patient 1
The Two Sides of Stroke 1
ABCs of Emergency Burn Management 1
Administration of Moderate Sedation/Analgesia 1
Parental Reactions to Having a Child With Special Healthcare Needs 1
Mechanical Complications in Long-Term Feeding Tubes 1
Patients Who Refuse Blood 1
The Healing Power of Humor 1
Total Hours 36
In support of improving patient care, Relias LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP#13791
Relias LLC reports to CEBroker for the following boards (Provider # 50-1489): Arkansas State Board Of Nursing, District Of Columbia Board Of Nursing, Florida Board Of Nursing, Georgia Board Of Nursing, New Mexico Board Of Nursing, South Carolina Board Of Nursing and West Virginia Board Of Examiners For Registered Professional Nurses
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.
None of the planners/faculty, unless otherwise noted, for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.