Goal and Learning Outcomes
After taking this course, you should be able to:
• Describe similarities and differences among the five generations found in today’s clinical setting
• Identify the 3 clinical measurements used to diagnose sarcopenia
• Identify conditions that may be associated with delirium across the life span.
• Describe age-related and pathological causes of dizziness in older adults.
• Recognize three important clinical clues to late-life suicide.
• Describe physical and psychosocial issues associated with dying patients
• Identify at least three characteristics relevant to the diagnosis of osteoarthritis.
• Identify the major physical, psychological and environmental risk factors for falls in older adults
• List two classifications of urinary incontinence and their causes.
• Describe the effects of aging and common age-related medical, cognitive, and psychological conditions on the older driver
• Select at least three healthcare-related professions with effective approaches to
supporting people with AD.
• State two ways alternative therapies can be used to calm patients.
• Describe the psychological and physical benefits that relationships provide in later life.
• Discuss the manifestation and treatment of anxiety disorders and mood disorders.
• Identify the stroke nurse’s role from admission to discharge
• Describe the three stages of normal swallowing.
• Identify motor and nonmotor symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
• Discuss how changing demographics and chronic disease are affecting EOL treatment.
• Discuss factors that increase the impact of disasters on older adults
• Explain at least four age-related and pathologic causes of smell and taste disorders in elders.
This course package covers multiple geriatric nursing topics, including:
- Bridging the Generation Gaps | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Sarcopenia Robs Older Adults of Strength | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Clearing up the Confusion About Delirium | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Dizziness in Older Adults: Defined and Differentiated | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Preventing Late-Life Suicide | 1.0 Contact Hour
- End-of-Life Issues | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Disease Management of Osteoarthritis | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Fall Prevention for Older Adults | 1.0 Contact Hour
- The Management of Urinary Incontinence | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Healthcare Professionals Can Help Older Drivers Steer Clear of Trouble | 1.0 Contact Hour
- Alzheimer's: Diagnosis, Management, and Support for Daily Life | 1.0 Contact Hour
In support of improving patient care, Relias LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP#13791
Relias LLC reports to CEBroker for the following boards (Provider # 50-1489): Arkansas State Board Of Nursing, District Of Columbia Board Of Nursing, Florida Board Of Nursing, Georgia Board Of Nursing, New Mexico Board Of Nursing, South Carolina Board Of Nursing and West Virginia Board Of Examiners For Registered Professional Nurses
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.
None of the planners/faculty, unless otherwise noted, for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.