Goal and Learning Outcomes
After taking this course, you should be able to:
• Identify at least five behaviors that might suggest a coworker suffers from a substance use disorder
• Describe the types of, risk factors for, and extent of human trafficking in the U.S., particularly Florida
• Examine sources and types of medical errors
• List the rights and responsibilities of the Florida Board of Nursing.
• Recognize physical, emotional, and sexual abuse in IPV
• Recognize the benefits of adhering to standards of infection control and describe the professional’s responsibility to adhere to these practices and the consequences of failing to comply
• Identify five risk factors for violence in a healthcare setting
• Identify beliefs about caring practices and selected caring theories
• Identify conditions that may be associated with delirium across the life span
• Identify two significant Islamic health-related practices or beliefs
• Describe the intent of HIPAA
• Describe three reasons why new diseases emerge or reemerge in the United States
• Explain the importance of theory to the nursing profession
• Identify the elements of effective communication, cultural competence, and patient- and family-centered care
• List three advantages of the interprofessional team approach to patient care
• Identify five suicide risk factors that indicate a patient is at increased risk for self-harm.
• List four different types of ADEs
This course package includes multiple courses, including:
60230 Florida Recognizing Impairment in the Workplace
CE981 Human Trafficking: A Growing Epidemic
60033 Preventing Medical Errors: Florida Requirement
60199 The Florida Nurse Practice Act and Rules: An Overview
60133 Domestic Violence Advocacy: Florida Update
60011 Infection Control for Healthcare Professionals
CE130-60 Preventing Violence in the Healthcare Setting
CE281-60 Caring: The Essence of Nursing
CE367-60 Clearing Up the Confusion About Delirium
CE441 Awareness Enhances Care for Muslim Patients
CE513 HIPAA and Confidentiality: Practice May Change, But Principles Endure
CE527 Emerging Infectious Diseases: A Growing Threat in the U.S.
CE632 Nursing Theory: At the Heart of Practice
CE666 Effective Communication With Patients
CE90-60 Working with an Interprofessional Team
CE649 Preventing Suicide in Medical Settings
CE102-60 Adverse Drug Events
In support of improving patient care, Relias LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP#13791
Relias LLC reports to CEBroker for the following boards (Provider # 50-1489): Arkansas State Board Of Nursing, District Of Columbia Board Of Nursing, Florida Board Of Nursing, Georgia Board Of Nursing, New Mexico Board Of Nursing, South Carolina Board Of Nursing and West Virginia Board Of Examiners For Registered Professional Nurses
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.
None of the planners/faculty, unless otherwise noted, for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.