Goal and Learning Outcomes
After taking this course, you should be able to:
• Identify at least five behaviors that might suggest a coworker suffers from a substance use disorder
• Describe the types of, risk factors for, and extent of human trafficking in the U.S., particularly Florida
• Examine sources and types of medical errors
• List the rights and responsibilities of the Florida Board of Nursing.
• Recognize physical, emotional, and sexual abuse in IPV
• Recognize the benefits of adhering to standards of infection control and describe the professional’s responsibility to adhere to these practices and the consequences of failing to comply
• Identify five risk factors for violence in a healthcare setting
• Identify beliefs about caring practices and selected caring theories
• Identify conditions that may be associated with delirium across the life span
• Identify two significant Islamic health-related practices or beliefs
• Describe the intent of HIPAA
• Describe three reasons why new diseases emerge or reemerge in the United States
• Explain the importance of theory to the nursing profession
• Identify the elements of effective communication, cultural competence, and patient- and family-centered care
• List three advantages of the interprofessional team approach to patient care
• Identify five suicide risk factors that indicate a patient is at increased risk for self-harm.
• List four different types of ADEs
This course package includes multiple courses, including:
60230 Florida Recognizing Impairment in the Workplace
60249 Human Trafficking: Bringing Light to a Hidden Nightmare — Florida Requirement for Nurses
60033 Preventing Medical Errors: Florida Requirement
60199 The Florida Nurse Practice Act and Rules: An Overview
60133 Domestic Violence Advocacy: Florida Update
60011 Infection Control for Healthcare Professionals
CE130-60 Preventing Violence in the Healthcare Setting
CE281-60 Caring: The Essence of Nursing
CE367-60 Clearing Up the Confusion About Delirium
CE441 Awareness Enhances Care for Muslim Patients
CE513 HIPAA and Confidentiality: Practice May Change, But Principles Endure
CE527 Emerging Infectious Diseases: A Growing Threat in the U.S.
CE632 Nursing Theory: At the Heart of Practice
CE666 Effective Communication With Patients
CE90-60 Working with an Interprofessional Team
CE649 Preventing Suicide in Medical Settings
CE102-60 Adverse Drug Events
In support of improving patient care, Relias LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. Relias LLC guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker. Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, Relias LLC will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.