Goal and Learning Outcomes
The goal of this course is to prepare members of the interprofessional team with a basic overview of cannabis as medicine including a brief history of cannabis use and prohibition, safety-ethical-legal concerns, the human endocannabinoid system, an overview of the cannabis plant components, and cannabis as an evidence-based medicine. Upon completion, participants will be able to do the following:
- Review the history of cannabis prohibition.
- Briefly discuss the endocannabinoid system and how holistic-integrative modalities support endocannabinoid system health.
- Discuss functional aspects of utilizing cannabis as a therapeutic modality including the entourage effect of its components, ingestion methods, dosing, and recreational vs medicinal use of cannabis including pertinent medication interactions, side effects and other safety issues.
- Examine the available evidence around effectiveness of medicinal cannabis for specific disease issues.
- Review legal-ethical issues related to specific state laws and state practice acts related to cannabis and how these issues impact the interprofessional team.
In support of improving patient care, OnCourse Learning is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. OnCourse Learning guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
For Florida professionals:
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker as required per Florida Statute 456.025(7). Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, OnCourse Learning will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid FL license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.