Goal and Learning Outcomes
This course has been approved for 4 hours by the Commission on Case Manager Certification for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 1/15/10 through 12/31/10, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
The goal of this course is to help nurses working with adolescents understand their normal growth and development. This course will review a developmental approach to increase resiliency and improve the health outcomes of adolescents. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
- Discuss the parameters of normal pubertal development in terms of sequence and tempo
- Identify the developmental tasks of adolescents
- Describe the effects of physical changes on psychosocial development
- Discuss the cognitive changes that occur during adolescence
- Describe the nutritional requirements to support adolescent growth
- Identify the principles of resiliency in promoting healthy development
- Describe the parameters of consent and confidentiality in adolescence
- Identify communication techniques that are effective with adolescents
- Take a social history
In support of improving patient care, OnCourse Learning is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. OnCourse Learning guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
For Florida professionals:
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker as required per Florida Statute 456.025(7). Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, OnCourse Learning will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid FL license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.