Goal and Learning Outcomes
The goal of this continuing education program is to provide healthcare professionals with information on the current state of healthcare reform in hospitals, specifically value-based purchasing. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
- Summarize the review of literature regarding the accomplishments and problems related to the Affordable Care Act
- Illustrate the differences between pay-for-service and pay-for-performance models for healthcare funding by providing an example
- Describe how hospitals and healthcare professionals providing care to Medicare beneficiaries can collectively benefit from a value-based purchasing program
- Explain how a value-based purchasing program is designed to improve the patient experience
- Discuss the criteria hospitals must meet to qualify for reimbursement and rewards from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Analyze how the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems Survey is used to measure hospital performance against value-based purchasing goals to create better clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs
- Examine a situation in your clinical setting and apply a quality improvement tool to create better performance and clinical outcomes
- Discuss the commitments that share in promoting the goals of a value-based purchasing program
In support of improving patient care, OnCourse Learning (a Relias LLC company) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. Relias LLC guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
For Florida professionals:
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker as required per Florida Statute 456.025(7). Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, OnCourse Learning will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid FL license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.