Goal and Learning Outcomes
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of nurses and the interprofessional healthcare team in the recognition, assessment, and treatment of victims of human trafficking.
- Summarize strategies to reduce medical errors and improve patient outcomes.
- Describe at least three measures to take when reporting a colleague suspected of impairment from substance use.
- Explain how to recognize and intervene when physical, emotional, and sexual abuse occurs within the context of intimate partner violence.
- List the rights and responsibilities of nurses as outlined in the Florida Nurse Practice Act and its rules.
- Identify Florida-specific legislation about HIV testing, confidentiality, and access to medical care.
- Describe strategies for managing workplace communication challenges such as communicating with people who are upset or angry.
- Explain how to create and implement a pain treatment plan that integrates evidence-based pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapies in a manner that minimizes treatment-related harm.
- Discuss the indications of and alternatives to opioids for safely and effectively managing chronic pain.
- Discuss the primary nursing interventions in the care of a patient presenting with an acute stroke as well as the role of nurses in caring for stroke patients from admission to discharge.
- Describe at least three ways to promote a positive nursing image in your workplace and to the public.
- Explain how to apply aspects of emotional intelligence in the workplace and to self-care.
- Identify the importance of the interprofessional healthcare team for addressing health disparities and improving health literacy.
- Describe evidence-based intervention strategies to improve the emotional and physical health of children with obesity.
- Discuss four motivational interviewing techniques practitioners can use to help people create behavior change plans.
- Summarize four factors that prevent medication adherence in the community and how to mitigate them.
In support of improving patient care, OnCourse Learning (a Relias LLC company) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. Relias LLC guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
For Florida professionals:
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker as required per Florida Statute 456.025(7). Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, OnCourse Learning will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid FL license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.