Goal and Learning Outcomes
The goal of this continuing education module is to provide healthcare professionals with information about the identification and management of victims of domestic violence or intimate partner violence (IPV) and to meet Florida state mandatory continuing education requirements in domestic violence. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
- Recognize physical, emotional and sexual abuse in IPV
- Define the differences between emotional, physical or sexual abuse in adults, teens, children and the elderly
- Identify the importance of direct and indirect questioning in screening all patients for abuse
- Describe at least two assessment observations that are integral when charting on injuries that may have been sustained through IPV
- Identify the correct procedure for safely asking potential victims of IPV if they have been abused
- Recognize that domestic violence, or IPV, occurs in relationships from all socioeconomic backgrounds, ethnicities and in same-sex relationships
In support of improving patient care, OnCourse Learning (a Relias LLC company) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. Relias LLC guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
For Florida professionals:
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker as required per Florida Statute 456.025(7). Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, OnCourse Learning will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid FL license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.