Goal and Learning Outcomes
This course has been approved for 6 hours by the Commission on Case Manager Certification for 2006. This course has been approved for 8 hours for 2007, 2008, 2009, 1/15/10 through 12/31/10, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
The purpose of this continuing education program is to provide nurses with practical strategies that can help them to establish personal plans for developing their leadership potential. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
- Discuss why it is important for nurses to develop their potential as leaders
- Describe effective leadership styles and characteristics
- Identify techniques you can use to improve your communication skills
- Describe strategies to manage conflict effectively
- Discuss issues related to the delegation and evaluation of work performance by others
- Describe ways in which you can enhance your ability to cope with change, manage stress and improve your time-management skills
- Discuss strategies you can use to improve your critical-thinking skills
- Discuss ways in which you can plan for a rewarding nursing career as a nurse leader
Effective 8/1/2014, the Florida Board of Nursing will not accept contact hours offered in tenth hour increments (example: 1.6 contact hours). Course contact hours will be rounded down to the nearest half hour (example: 1.6 contact hours becomes 1.5 contact hours, 1.4 contact hours becomes 1.0 contact hours). This course will be reported to CE Broker for FL RNs, LPNs, ARNPs, and CNSs as 6.5 hours.
In support of improving patient care, OnCourse Learning is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. OnCourse Learning guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
For Florida professionals:
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker as required per Florida Statute 456.025(7). Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, OnCourse Learning will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid FL license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.