Goal and Learning Outcomes
The purpose of this continuing education program is to provide nurses with practical strategies that can help them to establish personal plans for developing their leadership potential. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
- Discuss why it is important for nurses to develop their potential as leaders
- Describe effective leadership styles and characteristics
- Identify techniques you can use to improve your communication skills
- Describe strategies to manage conflict effectively
- Discuss issues related to the delegation and evaluation of work performance by others
- Describe ways in which you can enhance your ability to cope with change, manage stress and improve your time-management skills
- Discuss strategies you can use to improve your critical-thinking skills
- Discuss ways in which you can plan for a rewarding nursing career as a nurse leader
Effective 8/1/2014, the Florida Board of Nursing will not accept contact hours offered in tenth hour increments (example: 1.6 contact hours). Course contact hours will be rounded down to the nearest half hour (example: 1.6 contact hours becomes 1.5 contact hours, 1.4 contact hours becomes 1.0 contact hours). This course will be reported to CE Broker for FL RNs, LPNs, ARNPs, and CNSs as 6.5 hours.
In support of improving patient care, Relias LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP#13791
Relias LLC reports to CEBroker for the following boards (Provider # 50-1489): Arkansas State Board Of Nursing, District Of Columbia Board Of Nursing, Florida Board Of Nursing, Georgia Board Of Nursing, New Mexico Board Of Nursing, South Carolina Board Of Nursing and West Virginia Board Of Examiners For Registered Professional Nurses
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.
None of the planners/faculty, unless otherwise noted, for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.