Goal and Learning Outcomes
The purpose of this course is to provide a framework for case managers seeking to maximize their effectiveness. Case managers who understand the primary goals of the healthcare delivery system and case management’s role in it will be able to deliver the best results. Case managers can use this information to enhance their own development as well as to mentor others. Educators and supervisors can use this information for training, evaluation and program development. This course builds on material covered in “Case Management Basics,” the authors’ first course published by ContinuingEducation.com, which covers the fundamentals of case management. After studying the information presented here, you will be able to:
- Name five direct outcome areas in which case management has been shown to produce results
- Name the three desired outcomes (triple aim) of the healthcare system as a result of the Affordable Care Act
- List three strategies for minimizing legal risk as a case manager
- Define the role of the expert case manager in an ethical dilemma
- List three demographic trends in the United States that will affect the healthcare system of the future
- Explain a case example of how an expert case manager can produce results at the patient, organizational and systems level
- Use worksheets to practice reframing statements and questions applicable to the case management role
In support of improving patient care, OnCourse Learning (a Relias LLC company) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Unless stated above, the planners and authors of this course have declared no relevant conflicts of interest that relate to this educational activity. Relias LLC guarantees this educational activity is free from bias.
Please see CE Course Instructions to learn how to earn CE credit for this module.
For Florida professionals:
This course completion will be electronically reported to CE Broker as required per Florida Statute 456.025(7). Click here to view your CE Broker transcript and check the status of your CE requirements with a FREE 7-day CE Broker trial subscription. It may take up to 24 hours for the course to appear on your CE Broker transcript.
It is now required that all CE is completed and reported to CE Broker before you renew your license. When you complete continuing education with us, OnCourse Learning will report your hours for you.
Read more about the new license renewal process at AreYouRenewalReady.com and claim your free Basic Account in CE Broker to see what has already been reported for you.
Please check the licenses/certifications section under my account (after logging in) to make sure you have entered a valid FL license number. This information is required for correct reporting of your course completions to CE Broker.