You are here:-, Nursing news-Nurses called to help Hurricane Harvey relief efforts

Nurses called to help Hurricane Harvey relief efforts

Austin, Texas, area nurses and physicians who serve in the National Guard are being called to help with Hurricane Harvey relief efforts, according to an article in the Austin-American Statesman.

Judith Chedville, an advance practice nurse with Austin Regional Clinic, was scheduled to arrive in Dallas Monday night to meet unit 949 BSB Charlie Company, which has members throughout the state who are trained to handle mass casualties, according to the article.

Chedville is one of 12,000 members of the Texas Army and Air National Guard who were mobilized Aug. 28. Active duty units also are on standby to deal with the flooding and continuing rain in the affected area, according to Military.com.

“It is imperative that we do everything possible to protect the lives and safety of people across the state of Texas as we continue to face the aftermath of this storm,” Gov. Greg Abbott, R-Texas said in the Military.com article.

About 900 Texas Guard members were mobilized before Harvey hit the Gulf Coast Friday and Abbott increased the number to 3,000 on Sunday.

Although, she is not a member of the military, critical care nurse Allie Pillow of Nashville also is making her way to Texas to lend a hand, along with a few other local nurses.

“It’s all hands on deck, all the time,” Pillow said, according to a WKRN.com article. “People don’t ask questions. You just do whatever you need to do.”

In the article, Pillow expressed concern for her fellow nurses in Texas. “These ER nurses that are stuck down there, they have lost everything,” said Pillow. “But they don’t know the actual devastation because they’re not able to leave the hospital.”

These ER nurses that are stuck down there, they have lost everything. But they don’t know the actual devastation because they’re not able to leave the hospital.”

Pillow will fly to Dallas where she will board a bus to Houston, followed by a boat ride to a Houston hospital. “It’s the nature of what I feel like of our profession is, we want to help others,” Pillow said in the article.

Pillow is aware she may not be required to provide “normal emergency care” when she arrives. “… it’s things like cholera, it’s things like tetanus,” said Pillow. “There’s so many things that are gonna be coming up.”

While many hospitals and health systems made significant investments in disaster preparations and fortifying their facilities in the post-Tropical Storm Allison and post-Katrina era, a hurricane and its aftermath still can wreak havoc, no matter how prepared a hospital is. “We’ve made significant investments,” Umair Shah, MD, MPH, executive director of Harris County’s public health department,” said according to an Aug. 28 New York Times article. “The challenge is until it unfolds there’s so many moving pieces and it’s never the same as the situations you’ve previously encountered.”

According to the article, water rose in the basement of Ben Taub Hospital, which had spent billions of dollars on flood protections. Officials announced an evacuation on Aug. 27, but could not begin evacuations because the hospital was surrounded by water and rescuers could not reach its 350 patients. On Monday afternoon, a call went out on local radio for a vendor to provide food for the hospital, according to the article.

As of Monday afternoon, 10 to 15 other hospitals and various nursing homes, some in rural communities, also have evacuated or begun evacuating since the storm made landfall.

Other hospitals, while still able to operate, were cut off by floodwater from patients trying to reach them. Hospital staff members had trouble getting to work as well, according to the New York Times article.

In parts of the state, Harvey knocked out utilities, forcing hospitals to rely on backup systems.

Texas Medical Center in Houston’s post-Allison preparations at most of its hospitals appeared to have proven beneficial during Hurricane Harvey, as submarine doors protected foundations and kept the power on.

With ambulance routes flooded, however, potential patients had difficulty reaching the complex. “I’ve never heard so few sirens as I have in the last few days, which is upsetting,” William McKeon, Texas Medical Center’s president and chief executive, said in the New York Times article. “We can be dry and open, but if you can’t deliver patients to the medical center, that’s our biggest concern.”

Courses Related to ‘Disaster Preparedness’

CE681: When Disasters Strike
 (1 contact hr)

This module features an overview of disaster management in EDs, including the definition of the four stages of disaster management and the appropriate triage of patients. It also describes the unique considerations of disasters that involve a chemical, radiological, or biological agent. Preparation of ED personnel, such as EMTs and RNs, will enable them to respond to disasters and the patient populations affected by them more effectively.

CE409-60: RNs Shelter Victims of Disaster
 (1 contact hr)

Never in the history of the U.S. has disaster preparation and response been as vital as it is today. Disasters are frequently classified as manmade or from natural causes. In addition to the threat of manmade disasters — such as terrorist attacks — and natural disasters — such as fires, floods and earthquakes — the focus of disaster preparation has grown to include emerging infectious diseases, such as severe acute respiratory syndrome and avian influenza. This module will help nurses better understand the role of Red Cross nurses during major disasters and help nurses decide whether DHS nursing may be where they can best contribute their time and talents to help their fellow citizens.

WEB259: Nursing Leadership and Emergency Preparedness
 (1 contact hr)

Ever run a code? Been called by a neighbor in an emergency? Asked to help in a public emergency because you are a nurse? There is a reason for that! Nurses are well recognized for their emergency response and ability to lead teams in disaster preparedness. Learn about the state of disaster preparedness in healthcare and the trend to mobilize nurse leaders in this specialty area.

By | 2017-08-30T19:21:19+00:00 August 29th, 2017|Categories: Featured Posts, Nursing news|Tags: |156 Comments

Sallie Jimenez
Sallie Jimenez is content manager for healthcare for Nurse.com published by OnCourse Learning. She develops and edits content for the Nurse.com blog, which covers industry news and trends in the nursing profession and healthcare. She also develops content for the Nurse.com Digital Editions. She has more than 22 years of healthcare journalism, content marketing and editing experience.

1. Ellen Saler-Santini August 29, 2017 at 9:01 pm - Reply

I’m an RN in Dallas laid off on Wednesday. How can I help and who do I need to contact ?

• Daniel Funtong RN August 31, 2017 at 12:50 am - Reply

I’m RN with Telemetry Med-Surg I can help during my off days

• Christine Sambrano August 31, 2017 at 2:15 pm - Reply

For nurses interested in being part of the Hurricane Harvey Expedited Response, HealthTrust WorkForce Solutions Staffing in Dallas is busing nurses to Houston by the bus-load. They own the hospital staffing accounts in Houston. If interested please contact Shannon Sharp, Director of Recruitment, at 817-492-1610 or 972-443-5504.

• Jennifer Williams September 1, 2017 at 6:27 pm - Reply

I am an LPN I. State of PA and a United States Veteren I am willing to help I have a strong clinical skill set my specialty is Pediatric Trach/Vent and I also have geriatric experience. I am looking for a group to join so that I can help! Please anyone let me know if I can help jennifertgsmith@me.com

• Debra September 4, 2017 at 6:31 pm - Reply

Shannon. I am an Lpn from florida that is ready and willing to help.
        570 220 4480. Deber1956@ gmail. Com

• Leighann Stonefield September 8, 2017 at 7:06 pm - Reply

ER, RN from CO. I can help
        leighann.stonefield@yahoo.com

• Shanon Buchanan September 10, 2017 at 5:04 pm - Reply

I’m a LPN FROM MO that is free and can help

• JUANITA SIMS September 11, 2017 at 3:17 pm - Reply

Are u looking for cnas also

• Amanda September 14, 2017 at 9:38 pm - Reply

I can help. Please contact me MandyLew29@gmail.com

• LILY PHAN August 31, 2017 at 10:03 pm - Reply

I am an RN and currently working in ICU from CA. Call me or text me and email me if you still need some help. I have been contacted by supplement Health care that they need some help. Thanks

2. Sandrea Butler August 29, 2017 at 9:02 pm - Reply

I am interested in FNP

3. Michael caldas August 29, 2017 at 9:51 pm - Reply

Where do I apply to go help

4. Barbara chapa August 29, 2017 at 11:04 pm - Reply

I am an cna and live like 30 mins from houston if i can help please be free to contact me at 281-202-2018 or email me at Servandochapa69@gmail.com

5. Cindy Warrington August 30, 2017 at 12:37 am - Reply

How can I get involved with helping? I am a labor and delivery RN with 15+ years experience. I have a coworker friend who suggested we come help out. Who do I contact?

6. Jennifer Petrick August 30, 2017 at 4:30 am - Reply

Interested in helping over the next few weeks. Contact me immediately if I can help. Am a LVN in Texas

7. sal August 30, 2017 at 10:00 am - Reply

not much information about the need in TX for nurses, I am interested in going but there isnt enough info for me to go on

8. Misty Rocha August 30, 2017 at 12:55 pm - Reply

How do i help. I’m an RN with Er/PACU exp. I’m ready!

9. Jenine Talantis August 30, 2017 at 1:30 pm - Reply

Is there a need for additional nurses in Texas. I am an OR nurse and I would be willing to help.

10. Angela Reeves August 30, 2017 at 1:31 pm - Reply

Was checking to see if there was a need for LPN in Houston

11. Shauntara brown August 30, 2017 at 2:02 pm - Reply

How can nurses from other states volunteer to help?

12. Susan L. SORENSEN August 30, 2017 at 2:04 pm - Reply

Retired psychiatric RN, 62YO, female.

13. D. McKinney, MSN August 30, 2017 at 3:18 pm - Reply

Please add quick links to SoMe (fb, t & LI) so this info can be more easily disseminated! Looked at nurse.com t feed & no posted tweet of this story? 🙁

14. Pat August 30, 2017 at 4:02 pm - Reply

I am an RN in Arkansas who would like to help in Houston where I have family. med -surg, clinic also. Good skills

15. Joyce Marks August 30, 2017 at 4:42 pm - Reply

Hello I am an LPN certified in state of Wa would like to volunteer a few weeks how do we sign up fight where to stay? Can’t find any other numbers. Thank you Joyce Marks

16. Empress Gray August 30, 2017 at 5:26 pm - Reply

Are nurses needed to help take care of ppl?

17. Tina Pace August 30, 2017 at 6:04 pm - Reply

Please contact me…I am an RN…have passed my NCLEX. I am available to assist.
    I am from Cardston, Alberta , Canada ??
    I have experience in acute care & 23 years in public health.

18. Janis Voss August 30, 2017 at 7:49 pm - Reply

I am a LPN, can I help?

19. Susan rada August 30, 2017 at 8:57 pm - Reply

I want to help. I’m an ER nurse currently not working. I have my acls,pals certification. Also a license in tenn, florida and illinois.

• Heather Cygan
      Heather Cygan August 30, 2017 at 9:13 pm - Reply

Thanks for everyone’s comments and willingness to help! Here’s how you can make a difference for your fellow nurses.

The Texas Nurses Foundation (Texas Nurses Association) is accepting contributions to help the nurses affected by Hurricane Harvey. All money collected will be distributed directly to nurses living in any one of the Texas counties declared disaster areas. The amount of money distributed to each nurse requesting assistance will be determined by the amount of money collected ending November 30, 2017. Any funds remaining in the fund by March 31, 2018 will be donated to the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund established by the city of Houston.

For more information, visit https://texasnurses.site-ym.com/donations/fund.asp?id=16108

• Janice Bogen August 30, 2017 at 9:47 pm - Reply

I am an RN from Jacksonville Florida Can I help? 904 517 0447

• Christine Sambrano August 31, 2017 at 2:14 pm - Reply

Also contact the Red Cross
      Amazing to see Nurse come together & Unite!!

• Andrea Lindo-Green September 4, 2017 at 11:50 pm - Reply

I am new LPN graduate living in Connecticut, I would like to help.

20. Colleen Lelievre August 30, 2017 at 9:24 pm - Reply

I’m a 15 yr nurse mental health my speciaty…i filled put the application..corey check came back and sent to the RED CROSS…i understand…10 days 10 hr days…i need to let my work know when I’m leaving…please ..email me colleenlelievre@comcast.net….phone 9786217716 thanku and would love to help❤

21. Lina Wilches August 30, 2017 at 9:41 pm - Reply

Lina Wilches (954) 706 7226
    10 years NICU experience

Willing to work if needed

22. Nakima Mercer August 30, 2017 at 10:00 pm - Reply

LPN from Florida would love to come in help please contact information 3215913479

23. Delois Fearn August 30, 2017 at 10:30 pm - Reply

I am a 30 year LVN and lived in the Rockport area 6 years ago. Please what can I do to help.
    I am free to travel where ever needed.

Delois

24. Torsha August 30, 2017 at 10:43 pm - Reply

I am a Registered Nurse in Tennnessee. How can I get signed up to help in Texas?

25. Sadie August 30, 2017 at 10:46 pm - Reply

I’m an lpn in washington, with 10 years experience.

26. Alicia Hawkins August 30, 2017 at 11:00 pm - Reply

My husband and I are both mental health nurses, him with 20 years experience and me with 10 years. We are willing and able to come to Houston to help. We are registered nurses in California and can help with shots, bandages, wounds, etc. Please contact us 817-718-5249.

27. Shawna Straubhar August 30, 2017 at 11:13 pm - Reply

I am a PACU/PREOP nurse. Do you need help with care of patients? I also do MOTHER/BABY.
    Ssheppard8877@gmail.com

28. Yvonne Rusch August 30, 2017 at 11:14 pm - Reply

Nurse for 45 years worked all fields except ICU licensed in Kentucky and Florida! ER OR RNFA L&D antepartum Medsurg Management! 502 299 4302 Yvonne M Rusch RN

29. Annette plourde RN August 30, 2017 at 11:38 pm - Reply

I have 38 years of experience as an RN in all areas of nursing from newborns to elderly. I would be willing to come and help if there is a shortage and I’m sure there is. Who can I contact

30. Linda August 31, 2017 at 12:04 am - Reply

Would LOVE to help in any capacity. I am a Registered Nurse with 16 years of experience. Currently working in Hospice Care. Please call me Linda (551) 265-9394

31. Shyla Beach August 31, 2017 at 12:28 am - Reply

I am an RN in florida and happy to help my home town. Please call 407 496 9804. I have experience in ER, rehab, med surg and long term care.

32. Tairee Grimes August 31, 2017 at 12:50 am - Reply

Critical care RN in DFW. Assisted with relief efforts with Haiti and Katrina. I want to help this time as well. Where could I be of assistance?

• Christine Sambrano August 31, 2017 at 2:19 pm - Reply

convention center http://www.grbhouston.com/george-r-brown-emergency-center/ & a group from Dallas is heading down.

33. Amanda Slocum August 31, 2017 at 1:10 am - Reply

I would love to help! 5 years experience med/surg, pcu, Wound care- ACLS.

34. Chris Kirkoatrick August 31, 2017 at 1:14 am - Reply

I’m from Ontario Canada and have been a RN for 27 years. I work in a large tertiary care hospital currently and am willing to use my vacation time to come assist in a nursing capacity. I have critical care, med/surg and 15 years leadership experience.

35. Andrea M Gutierrez August 31, 2017 at 1:21 am - Reply

Is there anyway I can help? I am a Critical Care Nurse in WI.

36. Lindsay menard August 31, 2017 at 1:22 am - Reply

I am an rn and will fly there. Please contact me. 3079207000

37. Rebecca Richter August 31, 2017 at 1:30 am - Reply

Rebecca Richter RN 903-654-9282
    25 years ICU experience, cardiovascular and medical
    ACLS and CPR certified.
    Wanting to work asap and live in Texas, very close
    to Houston, Dallas,Fort Worth and San Antonia.Have my own
    transportation and can leave immediately if needed.
    to Dallas, Houston

• Christine Sambrano August 31, 2017 at 2:20 pm - Reply

38. Rebecca Richter August 31, 2017 at 1:31 am - Reply

Rebecca Richter RN 903-654-9282
    25 years ICU experience, cardiovascular and medical
    ACLS and CPR certified.
    Wanting to work asap and live in Texas, very close
    to Houston, Dallas,Fort Worth and San Antonia.Have my own
    transportation and can leave immediately if needed.

39. Patricia Miller August 31, 2017 at 1:34 am - Reply

I’m an LPN. I’m ready to help.

40. Rebecca Richter August 31, 2017 at 1:36 am - Reply

Rebecca Richter RN 903-654-9282
    25 years ICU experience, cardiovascular and medical
    ACLS and CPR certified.
    Wanting to work asap.

41. Marytherese patras August 31, 2017 at 2:03 am - Reply

I am a former flight nurse from the university of chicago. I would like to come and help
    Next week from Tuesday until Friday. All I ask is my airfare covered and a place to stay. Thank you

42. Melissa Chesnut August 31, 2017 at 2:20 am - Reply

Melissa Chesnut LPN
    I’m available to Help in any way possible.
    Melissachesnut15@gmail.com

43. Patti M Robinson August 31, 2017 at 2:28 am - Reply

I am a travel nurse completing an assignment on Sept 30th in Augusta GA MS unit I know that there will be a massive need for nurses especially after the real storm has ceased. For relief and to pick up shifts. My contact information is Robinpm00@gmail.com #803-546-0945 feel free to contact me if I can be of help

44. Margaret Wells August 31, 2017 at 2:30 am - Reply

I am an LPN. Spec. in Medicine. I’ll be glad to go if you need me.

45. Cindy Ratchford August 31, 2017 at 2:53 am - Reply

Not working right now, Rn CCRN, been er nurse for many years, I have been deployed after 2 hurricanes in fla. willing to help..

46. Cindy Ratchford August 31, 2017 at 2:55 am - Reply

Will work

47. Danae Blanks August 31, 2017 at 2:59 am - Reply

I am a CWON/ RN. I am in Southport NC. How can I help!!! Please contact me.

48. Amy Andrews August 31, 2017 at 3:12 am - Reply

Adult ccu nurse able to help for 1to 2 weeksalso exp. In med surg and tele (PCU)

49. Kimberly Sessoms Kehoe August 31, 2017 at 3:52 am - Reply

I’m a RN, BSN with experience in labor and delivery and pediatrics. I would like help. Please contact me at kskehoe29@yahoo.com

50. Charlotte Erickson August 31, 2017 at 4:11 am - Reply

Hospice RN in Arkansas

51. Tiffani laird August 31, 2017 at 4:51 am - Reply

Nevada RN willing to come help Houston!!! Reach out to me!
    Tiffani Laird 7753043824

52. Jadacian Jones August 31, 2017 at 5:00 am - Reply

Jadacian Jones, LPN from AR with compact license. 2 years experience of travel nursing. Wanting to come help for next few weeks. (501) 9402889

53. Keith August 31, 2017 at 9:20 am - Reply

Help available ASAP!!!
    Can leave in less than 24 hours. Temporary license won’t be an issue. Please contact as I want to help. kemusselman@hotmail.com. Please contact. Louisiana also. Disaster zone licenses are quick to come by. Just want to help. Contact 24/7

54. Jerry Anderson August 31, 2017 at 9:37 am - Reply

I am a RN that is licensed in the state of Illinois with 2.5 years experience on telemetry/medical surgical, and a recent 3 month experience in ICU. Please inform me as to how I be of service.

55. Kelly August 31, 2017 at 11:09 am - Reply

RN FROM CT READY TO FLY OUT TO HELP PLEASE CONTACT ME 8607171562

56. Kimberly Goebel August 31, 2017 at 11:40 am - Reply

My fellow nursing friends and I want to come help who do we register with we are both licensed LPN state of Missouri compact state.
    5305690252

57. Karla A Edelson-Solomon August 31, 2017 at 12:16 pm - Reply

ICU Nurse. Willing to help

58. Julie Mueller August 31, 2017 at 12:33 pm - Reply

Interested in helping. I work sat sun Monday. I have 4 days to give per week

59. Julie Mueller August 31, 2017 at 12:35 pm - Reply

I work sat sun mon I have 4 free days per week to give please let me know

60. Janel Bailey August 31, 2017 at 12:49 pm - Reply

I am a trauma nurse from cleveland ohio can i help 2162805790

61. debora barbano August 31, 2017 at 1:14 pm - Reply

I am a LPN from upstate NY who would like to help in the Hurricane Harvey disaster.

62. Edith Fay Smith August 31, 2017 at 1:37 pm - Reply

Lvn in ltc since 1999 also hospice nurse. Please call 817 -542 – 7531 I live in Arlington Texas, where to go to sign up.

63. Sara G. Lucas Harrison August 31, 2017 at 2:17 pm - Reply

I feel the need to offer my help in any way I can during this overwhelming disaster, harm and disbelief these families are facing..along with displacement, separation,and sickness. Please feel free to contact me for assistance in any way,physical ,mental along with my skills in the medical field. God bless all of you. Sara G.sar Lucas Harrison

64. Sara G. Lucas August 31, 2017 at 2:20 pm - Reply

Licensed at the Alabama board of nursing

65. Linda Vaughn August 31, 2017 at 2:25 pm - Reply

I’m an RN and would like to help. I live in Florida but am willing to go anywhere in Texas or Lousianna for 3-4 weeks to volunteer.

66. Melissa shope August 31, 2017 at 2:29 pm - Reply

I’m an LPN in ohio and am available to help where & how I can. How do I apply?

67. karie velasquez August 31, 2017 at 2:42 pm - Reply

I want to help. Can I get info

68. Sallie Jimenez
    Sallie Jimenez August 31, 2017 at 3:07 pm - Reply

To everyone who has requested more information on how to help Hurricane Harvey victims, we heard you loud and clear! Thank you for your concern and willingness to help. Please read this article, which includes information on several organizations that might be of interest to you.

69. Joanne Crosley August 31, 2017 at 4:33 pm - Reply

Joanne Crosley RN from the Dallas Fort Worth area. I want to help. I need to help. I have been a nurse for 47 years and have done just about everything, from ICU, management, hospice, infusions, or drawing blood. I am not greatly physically able but I can do whatever I physically can do.

70. Craig Schneider August 31, 2017 at 4:41 pm - Reply

Ex Military Combat Medic and Texas LPN. I’m ready to go. Can be there within the day. 239-297-6653.

• Paulette McGee September 2, 2017 at 2:55 am - Reply

Hi
      I am a RN for 25 years experienced in ER,Med. Surg. and Mental Health. Please send me information so I can join the team.
      Paulette McGee
      rnmcgee48@gmail.com

71. Natalie cordner August 31, 2017 at 7:50 pm - Reply

I’m a Hospice nurse 12 years experience Nursing home experience two years how can I help. Finish RN school but have not taken my boards yet. Lpn license active.

72. Shirley Hawthorne August 31, 2017 at 8:27 pm - Reply

I am a RN in Amarillo TX and willing to come help the Hurricane Harvey victims. How can I get started

73. Jaclyn Hurst-Bergheger August 31, 2017 at 8:58 pm - Reply

ICU, PICU & NICU RN, ACLS & PALS certified, available ASAP (314) 630-1136

74. Cat Johnson August 31, 2017 at 9:19 pm - Reply

Hi, I am a pediatric Nurse, I have a Bachelor’s and a Master’s, how can I help?? Also, I have a brother who lives in Houston. I would love to help!

75. Taneke Anderson August 31, 2017 at 9:21 pm - Reply

I am a Nurse in Kansas and would like to help, where or who do I need to contact for information?

76. Gayle Pohlman August 31, 2017 at 9:34 pm - Reply

I’m an ER nurse… would like to help. Who do I call or contact?

77. christy branham August 31, 2017 at 10:03 pm - Reply

I am a c.n.a and a medical assistant willing to help

78. LILY PHAN August 31, 2017 at 10:06 pm - Reply

I am currently working in ICU as an RN in CA. I have been contacted by Supplemental Health Care. Please email me if you still need some help. Thanks

79. Ebony M August 31, 2017 at 11:11 pm - Reply

I’m a certified CNA and MHT willing to leave and work with the relief efforts of hurricane Harvey from Louisiana.

80. Ebony M August 31, 2017 at 11:14 pm - Reply

3376788511 contact me 24 hrs text or phone Ebony M

81. Ashley Perez August 31, 2017 at 11:43 pm - Reply

I’m an LPN from Nashville Tn would love to be able to help my hometown area if their is a need for nurses please let me know I’m willing to help in anyway

82. Ashley Perez August 31, 2017 at 11:46 pm - Reply

I’m an LPN vlinical directorfrom Nashville Tn would love to be able to help my hometown area if their is a need for nurses please let me know I’m willing to help in anyway

83. Tessa L Bankston September 1, 2017 at 12:02 am - Reply

Do you LPN help please let me know how to apply

84. Vera Jacobs September 1, 2017 at 12:05 am - Reply

…my friend and I can commit for 10 days… both RNs licensed in Ohio … will contact Red Cross!! God bless the USA God bless Texas??❤️???

85. Janelle patterson September 1, 2017 at 4:05 am - Reply

Trauma/Teale/medsurg RN 7+ yrs experience. I live in AZ but am willing to come and help!

86. Mrs ward September 1, 2017 at 6:33 am - Reply

I’m mrs ward and I can be reached at 2543940766

87. MARGIE September 1, 2017 at 1:54 pm - Reply

MARGIE A TRAVEL OR NURSE WITH OVER 15 YEARS EXPERIENCE LIVING IN CA AND HAVE A WEEK OFF I CAN BE THERE ON THE NEXT FLIGHT 917-957-2669

88. Nely E Rosas September 1, 2017 at 2:04 pm - Reply

I am an RN that can help on days off, medsurge experience.

89. Merlyn Jackson September 1, 2017 at 2:09 pm - Reply

Im cna i would love to come help just need more information i live in Wisconsin 9202026252

90. Michelle Lee Taylor September 1, 2017 at 4:43 pm - Reply

I’m a LPN from Mississippi. I’m staying in sulphur louisana right now. Is there anything I can do to help Harvey victims?

91. Erin root September 1, 2017 at 6:54 pm - Reply

Long term care RN … I am willing to come if someone can tell me how and who to contact.

• Nikki Richardson September 1, 2017 at 11:26 pm - Reply

I am a correctional nurse in Jacksonville Fl I can help pls call at 9045028995

92. Eddrick Harrell FL#216991 September 2, 2017 at 3:48 am - Reply

I am a CNA /PCT /Med Tech in Jacksonville Florida
    I would like to help the Alzheimer’s and Dementia…
    Possibly Hospice/ Assisted Living
    As a male CNA
    I know how much it helps to have a young strong man around.
    All of my requirements are updated,
    Please give me a call:
    904-699-4847

93. Eddrick Harrell FL#216991 September 2, 2017 at 3:55 am - Reply

I am a CNA /PCT /Med Tech in Jacksonville Florida
    I would like to help the Alzheimer’s and Dementia patients…
    (Baker Act patients)
    Possibly Hospice/ Assisted Living
    As a male CNA
    I know how much it helps to have a young strong man around.
    All of my requirements are updated,
    Please give me a call:
    904-699-4847

94. Amanda Wagner September 2, 2017 at 12:33 pm - Reply

16 year CNA in PA willing to help!

95. Gina Lockwood September 2, 2017 at 12:42 pm - Reply

I am a registered nurse of 13 yrs. I live and work in Honolulu Hawaii. I am available to donate a week of work in exchange for round trip airfare plus room and board. I will work for free in order to help the flood victims of hurricane Harvey.

96. Dorothy Cockrell September 2, 2017 at 2:09 pm - Reply

Please let me know how to assist. I live in Long Beach. Ms.

97. joanna bambi engelhardt September 2, 2017 at 4:47 pm - Reply

RN with 11 years Tele/ICU experience. 3 years CM experience. Able and willing to go to Texas. Please contact 321-243-1706

98. Andrea pietila September 2, 2017 at 8:39 pm - Reply

20 years of labor and delivery and willing to come and help!

99. john robinson RN September 2, 2017 at 9:13 pm - Reply

I am hospice Rn of 20 years. Is there a need for my profession as a temporary relief during the flooding?

100. Shari Beckett September 3, 2017 at 3:50 am - Reply

I am a psych RN of 20 years and can come to help if you tell me who to contact.

101. Edwina September 3, 2017 at 3:26 pm - Reply

New nurse wanting to help! Edwinaariel@yahoo.com

102. Tauna Kemp September 3, 2017 at 8:05 pm - Reply

I am RN 22 years. Hemo and peritoneal dialysis experience. Currently in home health. I have med surg, perisurgical and stroke/spinal cord/head trauma rehab experience. If i can help im willing to ask for a leave of absence to come to texas. I have also worked 4 years peripartum. I have 6 years experience as a travel nurse and adapt well. I am currently doing 3p to 11p hh care in Memphis, i do not have a problem providing care to those in areas considered high risk.

103. Keelie Rossi September 3, 2017 at 9:31 pm - Reply

I have been a hospice/palliative care nurse for the past last 11 years& am willing to come help with recovery effort in whatever way. How would contact the right person??

104. Kundry Grove RN BSN CAPA September 3, 2017 at 11:40 pm - Reply

Seasoned (37 yrs acute care) ER and Periop nurse willing to volunteer in Tx, actually off work this week Sept 3-10. I am ready to go to Texas to help with Harvey disaster. Send information.

105. Jessica September 4, 2017 at 6:23 am - Reply

I’m a hospice RN in Hawaii and I really want to help. Please let me know how I can.

106. Areille September 4, 2017 at 5:05 pm - Reply

I am an ICU nurse from Nashville, TN. I am very interested in helping! Where can I apply?

107. Kim M Thompson September 4, 2017 at 5:41 pm - Reply

I’m a NICN RN and I would like to come help to relieve other RNs

108. Amanda hayden September 5, 2017 at 1:47 am - Reply

I’m a nationally certified medical assistant.
    I want to help.

109. AshleyMarie Thiel September 5, 2017 at 3:02 am - Reply

I have my CNA lisence and am trained with special needs, seizures, memory care, and high behavioral patients. I’ll also know basic construction tasks. And I can help in any way I am needed. Health related or not. Please contact me at AshleyMarie.thiel@gmail.com to tell me how I can help!

110. Amy Lawser September 5, 2017 at 5:51 am - Reply

RN from Jacksonville FL. Willing to take a week off work to assist. 904-583-0683

111. Donyele wilkins September 5, 2017 at 6:22 am - Reply

Im a medical assistant been medical field for over 15yrs would love to help a few week

112. Melissa Mayry September 5, 2017 at 4:00 pm - Reply

I am an lpn and willing to help who do I contact?

113. Kelly J Gillespie September 6, 2017 at 3:52 am - Reply

LPN I am a critical skilled pediatric nurse for disabled children and I also work through to agencies with geriatrics. I currently have my Illinois license, Iowa license and Ohio license.

114. Janet Towne September 6, 2017 at 10:31 am - Reply

I am a RN from Michigan & am available to assist during hurricane Harvey relief. Who do I contact?

115. Janet Towne September 6, 2017 at 10:33 am - Reply

I am an RN for 30 years & willing to come assist where needed.

116. David Baca September 6, 2017 at 4:39 pm - Reply

I too am very much interested in assisting. I am an RN with 23yrs of experience. PLEASE contact me!!

117. MK McDade September 6, 2017 at 5:06 pm - Reply

i am a Psychiatric Nurse in Cleveland, and i want to volunteer. whom should i contact.

118. Yvette Ramble September 6, 2017 at 5:37 pm - Reply

Im a social worker BSW. MY # is 4045521776. Call or text.

119. jill C anthony September 6, 2017 at 9:28 pm - Reply

I am an LPN FOR 10 yrs. Dr office 4yrs, ekg, immunizations, biopsies,ect. Also pediatric trach/ vent/ g tube nurse for 6 yrs. Also, wound care nurse.

120. Brandy September 7, 2017 at 7:32 pm - Reply

I am a nurse here in Houston. I am working Pediatric Home Care at this time. I have been fortunate in that I am still able to work. My home was damaged during the storm…roof damage and leaks. Our deductible is extremely high (if the insurance helps at all…I won’t find out for at least 2 weeks). Is there a way to receive some financial assistance? FEMA is not providing help to us as we did not have floodwaters in our home. This is my first home and I’m lost. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

121. Brooke Wagner September 8, 2017 at 1:50 am - Reply

PCT currently in 3rd year of nursing school, want to do anything I can to help. Please email with info wagner0207@gmail.com

122. Christina September 8, 2017 at 5:36 am - Reply

LPN from Calgary, Alberta, Canada! ??Willing and eager to help any and all in need. Please contact if I can be of any help! ❤️

123. Bethany Deveney September 9, 2017 at 4:27 am - Reply

Proud to represent our country and do my part. RN and ready to help, please contact me.

124. Monica Young September 9, 2017 at 3:39 pm - Reply

I am LPN in Arkansas. I am willing to help. 5018139222

125. Denise September 9, 2017 at 4:40 pm - Reply

If you need CNA’s were willing to come in from Kentucky please email Ddnky1@gmail.com

126. Shawna Newsome September 9, 2017 at 9:36 pm - Reply

Want to sign up for Florida relief for 2 weeks , should I do this through FEMA…Shawna RN MI

127. Todd Brouillette September 10, 2017 at 1:07 am - Reply

Im a Rn with 20years experience. Will travel to texas. 401 942 7012

128. Monika Harper September 10, 2017 at 1:33 pm - Reply

I am a LPN licensed by the state of Nebraska. No temporary license needed, (compact state licensed) would love to come help. Would like more info. Thank you Monieharp1@yahoo.com

129. Dyana Gilpin September 10, 2017 at 4:41 pm - Reply

AM an Retired RPN from Ontario, Canada with over 20 plus years in the healthcare industry, travelnursing, community nursing and home care, specializing in Mental health, including seniors and forensics and palliative care,am interested in helping.

130. Amanda September 10, 2017 at 5:01 pm - Reply

I am a Canadian Registered Nurse who has 28 years of Mental Health and Emergency Room experience. Who would I contact to find out more about going to Texas to work a week or two?

131. Darlene Leroy September 10, 2017 at 10:20 pm - Reply

I am LPN EMT with trauma orthopedic cardiology geriatrics’s and all age group experience. Iam BLS ACLS certified EKG certified venapuncture experienced. I am a member of medical reserve corp in New Jersey nursing license in NJ PA Fl. I have Acute care Hospital experience surgical floor Assisted living Nurse Supervisor. I can adapt to any environment I have experience in disaster as well Katrina and Sandy 911 ground zero search and rescue. I am waiting for Red Cross for deployment not fast enough

132. Carrie England September 11, 2017 at 8:28 pm - Reply

I am a CNA licensed in the state of Kentucky and have 16 years of experience and would like to help in the hurricane relief…423-489-4876..either in Texas or Florida.

133. Erika H September 12, 2017 at 1:14 am - Reply

Is there still a need for RN help in the Houston area. I am a ICU RN with MS experience. please contact if there is a need.

134. Ronda Hauser September 13, 2017 at 2:38 pm - Reply

I am a cna in the fort worth area. Who do i contact to volunteer in the Houston area?

135. Florence Burrell September 13, 2017 at 8:18 pm - Reply

I’m nurse with 30+ year as home care nurse. The home care is value fr the stake point which accurate displace personnel feel secure which how are. I really enjoy people rebuild their life. I am available at the need of the people.

136. Hattie Watson September 14, 2017 at 10:42 pm - Reply

Cna/ med tech willing to help, contact me if i could help

137. Danielle Cook September 14, 2017 at 10:45 pm - Reply

I am a CNA with 20 years experience. I am also CPR and AED certified. I am ready, willing and able to help.