We hear a lot about self-care and it’s importance, but what does it really mean?
It’s not about expensive massages or luxury vacations. It’s about boosting your spirits in ways that speak to your soul, as part of your daily, regular routine.
Here are 21 simple treats you can try as a way to celebrate and nurture you. Make treating yourself a daily habit.
21 treats for YOU
- Take a nap
- Cut some flowers and put them in a glass or jar
- Say “no” to something you don’t want to do
- Watch your favorite tear-jerker movie
- Commit to a day of no commitments
- Savor an ice cream cone
- Have a lollipop
- Buy a favorite magazine
- Turn the air conditioner up and get under a blanket
- Go to a museum
- Soak your feet
- Breathe some essential oils
- Paint your nails
- Look at the clouds
- Blast a few songs
- Take a bath
- Watch your favorite comedy movie
- Take a walk in a beautiful neighborhood or park
- Call a friend who makes you laugh
- List three things you like about yourself
- Swing on a swing
What treats do you give to yourself? One of your ideas may strike another nurse and inspire him or her to give it a try!