Ansell, protection solutions company, announced the winners of the third annual Ansell Cares HERO (Heal, Educate, Reach, Overcome) Nurse Service Award. The award recognizes nurses who have made lasting impressions on their peers, patients, profession and communities.
The 2015 contest was launched at the 62nd annual Association of periOperative Registered Nurses Congress in March. Nurses were nominated by their peers, followed by a voting period. The 10 nominees who received the most votes were named the winners. Each winner received a plaque and a nursing reference book of their choice and have their story profiled online at Ansellhero.com. In addition, Ansell will make a $2,000 charitable donation to the top winners’ charity of their choice.
This year’s winners are:
• Andrea Wasdovich-Duffner, BSN, BA, RN, MSHA, Lake Health Medical Center, Willoughby, Ohio
• Patricia Perkins, CNM, The Center for Children and Women, Spring, Texas
• Cristina Dimafiles, BSN, RN, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, Tomball, Texas
• Vicky Bermudez, RN, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N.C.
• Anahi Munoz, RN, Chamberlain College of Nursing, Miramar, Fla.
• Blessie Garcia, RN, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, Tomball, Texas
• Celeste Grossi, MSN, RN, CRRN, CWON, Chamberlain College of Nursing, Addison, Ill.
• Annamma Thomas, RN, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, Houston
• Sheelu Joseph, BSN, RN, CVCU, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, Houston
• In Memoriam — Cay Hogan Delaney, RN, Phelps Memorial Hospital, Tarrytown, N.Y.
“On behalf of everyone at Ansell, we would like to congratulate all of the nominees, especially the very deserving top 10,” Anthony López, president and general manager, Medical Solutions at Ansell, said in a news release. “We appreciate and admire nurses for the selfless work that they do and the personal sacrifices that they make. We are thrilled that this year’s program has received such exceptional response so that these nurses can be widely recognized for their tireless contributions.”
To comment, email [email protected]