Are you tearing your hair out and thinking to yourself (or out loud), “I can’t take it!”
Maybe it’s time for a vacation. Here are 12 signs you need to get out of Dodge for a little while.
- You try to use your ID to get into your front door
- You try to use your fingerprint at the ATM
- You feel irritated by everything
- Getting out of bed is way too hard
- You feel chronically stressed
- Everything makes you giggle uncontrollably
- You’re grumpy
- You’ve lost your sense of humor
- You have work nightmares
- You’re making a lot of mistakes
- Your boss suggests you take some time off
- Everyone keeps commenting on how tired you look
Next time, don’t wait until these signs emerge. Schedule a few times a year when you take a few days for yourself. You don’t need to have a trip planned to do it, although if you decide to use your time for a get away, by all means do! Just remember that taking a trip isn’t the only justification for a vacation. And no one will ask for the time off for you. It’s up to you.
How do you know it’s time for a little break? Do you travel or stay home (or maybe it’s a combination of both)? Share with your fellow nurses. And put in those vacation requests!