There are the moments you want to crawl under a desk. Moments where you don’t know whether to laugh or cry, although laughter will probably prevail.
Here are 12 awkward nurse moments that make you feel like this …
and this …
and this …
12 awkward nurse moments
- You clean all the resident’s dentures at once and for a moment don’t know whose dentures are whose.
- You ask a visitor if she’s the patient’s mother — but she is his wife.
- You slip on EKG gel and fall flat on the floor.
- You spill coffee on your scrub pants, making it look like you’ve had a different kind of accident.
- You whack your head on the hanging TV.
- Your pants split while transferring a patient.
- You’re the newbie nurse who passes out during a procedure.
- “I love you” slips out with “Bye.”
- You’re the student nurse who’s in everybody’s way 100% of the time.
- A patient recognizes you, but you have no idea who they are.
- You unexpectedly and loudly let one rip.
- You can’t find your patient’s prosthesis only to find it attached to their limb.
Have any of these awkward moments happened to you? Which ones? What would you add to the list?