We recently published a post titled “33 timeless truths in nursing.” But there are some truths that apply specifically to the holidays.
Read through our list of 10 nursing truths during the holidays and then tell us: What do you find true each and every year during the holiday season?
- Patients are just as sick as they are on other days.
- Being in the hospital during the holidays is hard on patients and families.
- No one wants to work on a holiday.
- Working on a holiday is never as bad as you anticipate.
- If you are working, you get to spend the holiday with your work family.
- You get to be someone’s comfort during the holiday.
- Not everyone celebrates the typical American holidays.
- It always feels good to discharge someone home just before the holiday festivities.
- Accidental injuries increase over the holidays.
- A warm smile and a soft touch are beautiful gifts.
What did we miss? Let us know in the comments below.