Twitter. The only place you can receive info, news, research and inspiration in 140 characters or less. Looking to widen your follow list? This is your guide for who to follow NOW for the best real-time healthcare and nursing knowledge.
1. Nurse.com @Nurse_com (of course!)
Your leading source for nursing news, job opportunities and continuing education. Nurse.com — where the nurses are.
2. RWJF’s Initiative on the Future of Nursing @FutureofNursing
RWJF’s Initiative on the Future of Nursing supports the research agenda and recommendations of the IOM report, The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.
3. Medscape Nurses @MedscapeNurses
Medscape Nurses helps you stay current with breaking medical news; quickly look up drugs, diseases, and procedures; and completely free CE activities.
4. American Nurse Today @AmerNurse2Day
American Nurse Today is the official journal of the American Nurses Association, and serves as an influential voice for nurses across the country.
5. Association of periOperative Nurses @aorn
Committed to improving patient safety in the surgical setting, we provide OR professionals with education, standards and clinical practice resources.
6. AACN Critical Care @AACNme
Sharing nursing practice updates, conference opportunities, and critical healthcare news.
7. Pediatric Nursing @pednursing
Pediatric Nursing is a clinically based journal focusing on the needs of professional nurses in pediatric practice, research, administration, and education.
8. Minority Nurse Mag @minoritynurse
Career, education and health resource dedicated to diversity in the nursing community.
9. The Johnson & Johnson Campaign for Nursing’s Future @JNJNursingNotes
The Johnson & Johnson Campaign for Nursing’s Future is a national initiative launched in 2002 in support of nurses and the nursing profession.
10. National Institutes of Health @NIH
NIH…Turning Discovery Into Health ®. Respected industry voice in health research.
11. World Health Organization @WHO
Official Twitter account of the World Health Organization, the United Nations’ health agency.
12. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention @CDCgov
CDC’s official Twitter source for daily credible health & safety updates; Centers for Disease Control & Prevention.
13. NYTimes Health @nytimeshealth
Health news from the Science desk of The New York Times.
14. Kaiser Health News @KHNews
News service covering health care policy/politics.
Have a twitter account? What’s your handle? Who are your favorite nursing twitter follows?