How can an RN from Nigeria relocate to the U.S. for work and study?

By | 2022-05-05T11:53:17-04:00 August 26th, 2014|0 Comments


Dear Donna,

I am an RN/RM in an ED in Nigeria. I want to relocate to the U.S. for further studies and work. How do I go about it?

Wants to Relocate to the USA from Nigeria

Dear Donna replies:

Dear Wants to Relocate to the USA from Nigeria,

I would recommend you look for an international nursing agency that recruits nurses from your country to the U.S. The advantage of working with such a company is that they assist with licensure, Visa, immigration, housing and employment issues. Otherwise, it can be challenging to do all of that on your own. Do an Internet search for “Nurse recruitment agency from Nigeria to U.S.”

I also recommend that you contact The National Association of Nigerian Nurses in North America (, the Nigerian Nurses Association of USA, Inc. ( and the National Black Nurses Association ( for help. advice and support. NBNA is the largest of the three associations and has members who are from Nigeria. It is always best to network with those who have already made the journey/transition that you plan to make.

In the meantime, check out ( to become familiar with credential verification, licensure and Visa issues for nurses educated outside of the U.S.

Best wishes,


Discover how can help you find your next dream job.
Just sign up and wait to be paired with your perfect match.

About the Author:


Leave A Comment