Where can I get my crisis prevention and intervention certificate?

By | 2022-02-15T17:59:49-05:00 May 17th, 2012|0 Comments


Dear Donna,

I am an RN, licensed in California. I will be taking a 13-week assignment as soon as I can get a CPI certificate. I called around, and crisis prevention and intervention training is something the Crisis Services team does not have or has not even heard of. Where can I get my CPI, preferably soon?


Dear Donna replies:

Dear David,

Contact this organization http://www.crisisprevention.com/. They should be able to help or provide you with relevant local information. If this is not what you are looking for, I suggest that you contact a local chapter of the America Psychiatric Nurses Association (www.apna.org) or the International Forensic Nurses Association (www.iafn.org).

If you do a Google search for “Crisis prevention and intervention California,” it should turn up additional resources. Even if you find a class that is already in session or finished, contact that agency about other area courses.

Best wishes,


Nurse.com Job Seeker

Discover how Nurse.com can help you find your next dream job.
Just sign up and wait to be paired with your perfect match.

About the Author:


Leave A Comment