Are Pennsylvania RN licenses reciprocated in Florida?

By | 2022-02-08T17:40:52-05:00 April 6th, 2009|0 Comments


Dear Donna,

I’m having a hard time finding out if Pennsylvania RN licenses are reciprocated in Florida. Every site wants me to pay $400 to $700, and “all will be taken care of.” Even the Florida Department of Health and Licensure Board sites don’t help. If all I have to do is re-test in Florida, then that’s all I need to know. Even the travel nurse sites won’t give info unless you agree to be called by a recruiter. I have my RAC-CT, which I know is national, but I still need to transfer my RN. My daughter is going to be attending college in Florida, and I plan on moving shortly after she’s settled.


Dear Donna replies:

Dear Veronica,

If you have an active Pennsylvania RN license, and if that is where you were originally licensed, you don’t need to re-test in Florida. You do need to apply to the Florida Board of Nursing for a license by endorsement So in answer to one of your questions, no, Florida does not offer reciprocity; that question is addressed further in the link I gave you. For your general information, the only states that offer reciprocity are those that are part of the Nurse Licensure Compact ( Neither Pennsylvania nor Florida belong.

To apply for a license by endorsement, you have to submit an application and pay the related fee (you’ll have to contact the Florida Board for that fee or create an account at the above link and file an online application), and meet any additional requirements that the state you are applying to has. You can find the Florida state CE requirements at These and any additional requirements will be included in the online application.

Here’s an article you may find helpful: “Get Ready to Relocate” at

Best wises,


Discover how can help you find your next dream job.
Just sign up and wait to be paired with your perfect match.

About the Author:


Leave A Comment