Registered Nurse(RN) PATIENT CARE UNIT PRN
Texas Orthopedic Hospital - Houston, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) - Patient Care Unit
Texas Orthopedic Hospital,
a 62-bed specialty hospital, was opened in 1995. We welcome you to a new era in orthopedic care. As one of the only specialty hospitals in the country focusing solely on orthopedics, Texas Orthopedic Hospital
is pleased to offer all services conveniently located within one building:
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Clinic Visits
- In and Out-patient Surgery
- Aquatic Therapy
- Spinal Diagnostic and Treatment Center
Texas Orthopedic Hospital
is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Orthopedic Patient Care Unit.
- Demonstrates the facilitys Standards of Performance, is responsible for professional nursing care and related assistance to patients on an assigned Unit
- Provides direction to Licensed Vocational Nurses and non-professional nursing personnel in providing direct patient care.
- The Registered Nurse supports the medical care of patients under the direction of the Medical Staff pursuant to the objectives of the Hospital.
- Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
- Must be able to communicate calmly and clearly to patients, physicians & staff
- Must have a welcoming attitude, does not get distracted with change, creates and adheres to a healthy work environment
- 43 beds
- Patient to nurse ratio, 4-5 to 1
- Surgical patients only, inpatient/bedside unit (not a medical unit)
- Average patient stay is 24-72 hours
- Unit consist of: Free Charge Nurse, Admissions/Discharge Nurse, Clinical Educator dedicated to this floor