Transporter - Recovery (PRN)
Texas Orthopedic - Houston, Texas
- Transports patients in the Recovery Department by ambulation, wheelchair, or stretcher as directed and dependent upon condition of patients.
- Maintains IV tubing and/or Foley catheter, in a safe position during transport.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent patient care information to assure patient rights are protected.
- Informs nursing unit and supervisor of any problems encountered, or observed regarding patient during transportation.
- Makes sure proper infection control techniques are carried out.
- Possess the ability to tactfully deal with patients, visitors, personnel, physicians, and the general public.