Charge Registered Nurse - NICU (RN)
Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center
- Houston, TX
Charge Nurse (Registered Nurse) - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Since 1983, Cypress Fairbank Medical Center has offered a wide array of health services and specialties. At Cy-Fair Hospital, youll find 24-hour emergency care, 181 licensed beds, a Primary Stroke Center, an accredited Chest Pain Center, pediatric care, bariatrics, ob-gyn services and more.
Cy-Fair Hospital works to meet the communitys needs with four emergency rooms at the hospital and three offsite, as well as two urgent care facilities offering night and weekend hours.
Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (RN) - NICU
Serves as clinical resource to patients and team members and provides leadership/support in day-to-day clinical operations. Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for professional nursing care of patients within an assigned department. Leads and coaches the development and growth of a safety culture in the NICU.
Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center
is currently looking for a Charge Nurse (Registered Nurse) - NICU Level III.
- Under the general supervision of the NICU Nurse Manager and the Director of NICU, the NICU Charge Nurse is responsible for assisting the Nurse Manager in providing nursing leadership to the nursing unit.
- Provides feedback to the Nurse Manager and Director regarding patient care, budgetary, and strategic planning opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence, personal and professional growth. Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff.
- Demonstrates awareness of the unique position and method of dealing with customers.
- Participates in establishing, maintaining, and improving patients health care goals through patient assessment, planning and implementation of nursing interventions and evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness.
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.